Have You Tried Social Bookmarking Sites for Traffic

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
These days I do not use any social bookmarking sites, however, in the past I was very active on the sites like StumbleUpon (they have rebranded to Mix), Digg, Pinterest, and host of others. I stopped using these sites because conversion was very low. Have you tried social bookmarking sites for traffic? Do you get a lot of traffic?

I used to use StumbleUpon a lot. Haven't tried out Mix yet, but from what I hear it's about the same. I've used digg and Pinterest too, but haven't used them in a while. I might have to start using them again just to see if it can draw any traffic in.

Just like on social site, if you have a large followers on bookmarking sites, you might be able to get decent traffic. If you do not have followers, your efforts are wasted. I am saying this from my own experience. No matter where you promote your site, you still need followers to make it big.

Just like on social site, if you have a large followers on bookmarking sites, you might be able to get decent traffic. If you do not have followers, your efforts are wasted. I am saying this from my own experience. No matter where you promote your site, you still need followers to make it big.
Well with social bookmarking not necessarily. Promoting through these sites doesn't require your social media following to be big. It's simply a tool to help gain a little more traffic to a website. I used to post new blog articles to StumbeUpon back in the day, and I received a good amount of traffic from it. But, I didn't use social media much at the time, so that could have helped even more if I utilized it.

But yeah, you don't need a social following in order to use a site like StumbleUpon, or now in this case, Mix.

I used Pinterest to try and promote an eBay sale for a stuffed animal once. This failed miserably.

I think posting some of my sewn art creations on there might drive a trickle of traffic to my art site, but I’m not really optimistic about getting a flood of people coming in through there. I think you have to push your pins to the right boards in order to get it to work, and I just didn’t have enough pins to drive traffic.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back