What's new

Have you had success with writing gigs on Fiverr?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
Fiverr is probably one of the most popular gig sites to offer your services for sale and to help you find buyers for your services. I have been using Fiverr for a little while myself in terms of offering my services as gigs and so far, I have not had a lot of success despite my promoting and marketing my service.

Have you had any success with writing gigs on Fiverr? How successful have you been and what have you found helps with getting customers to buy through Fiverr?

I used to do writing gigs on fiverr. Was popular on there for a while with forum posting, but I stopped working on it as I didn't like the pay scale. It was more to do with how Fiverr takes a cut out of your money. They take $1 out of each $5 you make. So if you get a $100 order for example, you'd only get $80 from it I believe. That's $20 going to fiverr, and I feel that isn't right. I figure instead to just make a site and promote that way. I figure that way I get all of the money minus any fees PayPal or Cash App charges.

These days, your best bet with Fiverr is to promote your gigs on every fiverr forum/blog/site you can get on, and look for other sites for gig workers and working online and see if they have promotion options too and promote there. Promoting on social media is one way, I did that, but it didn't really do much for me.

Personally, it took me about five months before I was able to make a sale from my gig on fiverr which I never expected it to take that long. But when I consulted with a friend of mine whom have been on the platform for a long time, he actually told me that the competition in the writing gig on the platform is very high which makes it difficult for new people to make any sales.

I have not only bought gigs but also sold gigs on Fiverr. However, I was able to sell only a few gigs. Since I was more successful on Upwork and SEOClerks, I did not give much importance to Fiverr therefore, I did not work hard to generate sales on Fiverr.

I have not only bought gigs but also sold gigs on Fiverr. However, I was able to sell only a few gigs. Since I was more successful on Upwork and SEOClerks, I did not give much importance to Fiverr therefore, I did not work hard to generate sales on Fiverr.

This was the same experience that I had with making use of Fiverr. I think that I joined the platform when the competition on it was at its peak. It was so damn difficult to sell any of my services for a very long time. Seoclerks on the other hand was a big successful experience for me.

In my experience as a freelancer, I have found that it is easier to get jobs when you bid on available jobs just like on upwork compared to selling your gigs like on Fiverr. Selling on FIver is all about waiting for someone to contact you, however, on Upwork yo have a chance to convince people.

In my experience as a freelancer, I have found that it is easier to get jobs when you bid on available jobs just like on upwork compared to selling your gigs like on Fiverr. Selling on FIver is all about waiting for someone to contact you, however, on Upwork yo have a chance to convince people.

You're right about that. They do the same thing on Seoclerks too. I have been able to get a few jobs on Seoclerks through bidding for jobs. Although, there's a problem of so many other freelancers who will peg the job so cheap and it makes it harder to get chosen if your charge is higher.

This is interesting and something for me to look into as well. I know I have an account on Upwork so I may look more into this. 10 years ago I used to do well on Fiverr and similar places but it all seems a lot more difficult now compared to how it used to be.

Thanks for this :)

This is interesting and something for me to look into as well. I know I have an account on Upwork so I may look more into this. 10 years ago I used to do well on Fiverr and similar places but it all seems a lot more difficult now compared to how it used to be.

Thanks for this :)
In around 2015, I was doing well on Upwork, but then I started getting jobs outside the platform, I was so occupied that I eventually forgot Upwork, however, these days when I go to the platform I can't find an appropriate job, and even if I bid my bids are rejected. I think if you are absent from the platform for a long time, the clients will not like you. I think that's what happened to you as well. If you were continuously working on Fiverr, you would have been selling even today.

I've been using Fiverr for years but I won't consider my experience using the freelancing website as big success because it's not. I've not made much sales of gig on the website and it's because of how stif competition is on the website.

I've been using Fiverr for years but I won't consider my experience using the freelancing website as big success because it's not. I've not made much sales of gig on the website and it's because of how stif competition is on the website.

There was a time when I created my own Fiverr account. However, honestly speaking, I am not a really huge fan of gig sites. I like websites that pay an upfront payment. These kind of sites are one of the best sites out there. You work and submit the work and get paid for it right away.

There was a time when I created my own Fiverr account. However, honestly speaking, I am not a really huge fan of gig sites. I like websites that pay an upfront payment. These kind of sites are one of the best sites out there. You work and submit the work and get paid for it right away.
Fiverr cannot pay any writer using their services upfront. They are using escrow payment to prevent any party in the service orderd to scam each other. There aren't many websites where payment are sent upfront.

It is very rare, infact I don't believe I have ever seen a gig site myself that offers payment upfront. I know that freelancers who offer services tend to ask for payment upfront away from gig sites so they can be sure that they get paid for their work, I do that myself but in terms of sites like Fiverr, I don't believe it is ever paid upfront but only when you mark the work as complete and the buyer has confirmed.

It is very rare, infact I don't believe I have ever seen a gig site myself that offers payment upfront. I know that freelancers who offer services tend to ask for payment upfront away from gig sites so they can be sure that they get paid for their work, I do that myself but in terms of sites like Fiverr, I don't believe it is ever paid upfront but only when you mark the work as complete and the buyer has confirmed.
The need for such gig freelancing websites to eliminate any chances of scamming is why they make use of escrow payment system. If an order isn't marked delivered and completed by both the seller and buyer, you're not getting the money for the job released in your account.

In around 2015, I was doing well on Upwork, but then I started getting jobs outside the platform, I was so occupied that I eventually forgot Upwork, however, these days when I go to the platform I can't find an appropriate job, and even if I bid my bids are rejected. I think if you are absent from the platform for a long time, the clients will not like you. I think that's what happened to you as well. If you were continuously working on Fiverr, you would have been selling even today.

I believe that they look at it in a way that you're not serious with working on the website. They are not convinced that if they should hire your services, you might end up not completing the job. This is the reason why you need to be very active on those websites to remain relevant.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back