What's new

Have you ever sold stuff while at your main job?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever sold stuff while working your main job? I know most businesses wouldn't allow you to do that. But I know in a previous topic people mentioned selling their children's candy to co-workers. Which I believe isn't allowed in most businesses, but some let it go. But I am specifically meaning to sell something of your own through your work. Would you take that risk? I don't think I ever would.

There no provision for anyone to do this kind of thing in any of the companies where I have to work which I don't even see how it is going to work because there is no room for you to display anything anywhere within the company's premises that is not something about the company's business.

There no provision for anyone to do this kind of thing in any of the companies where I have to work which I don't even see how it is going to work because there is no room for you to display anything anywhere within the company's premises that is not something about the company's business.

There are many companies that would not allow that. However, I think that selling products inside the workplace or premises may not be allowed. Other than that, an employee may sell anything whatever they want. However, this all depends on the kind of product you sell. For example, you may not open a shop inside the office, as this may not be allowed. However, you may sell your personal belongings and there should be no problem with that.

My operation in all the companies where I've worked is to clock in every day, do my job and go home. It's how I have myself working on the repeat every weekdays with compromising it. If I anything which I want to sell, I can sell it in the market on my off day at work which is on Saturday.

I was once working as a sales manager in a store. WE did not have a lot of customers, and when I was not dealing with customers, I worked on my online projects and managed to sell digital products and services.

My operation in all the companies where I've worked is to clock in every day, do my job and go home. It's how I have myself working on the repeat every weekdays with compromising it. If I anything which I want to sell, I can sell it in the market on my off day at work which is on Saturday.

This is me. I have been very careful with selling things at my workplace. There are CCTV cameras everywhere and selling at the workplace will get one into trouble. I have a job that brought me to the workplace and that is what I should do and return back home without having to think much about selling personal items at the office.

This is me. I have been very careful with selling things at my workplace. There are CCTV cameras everywhere and selling at the workplace will get one into trouble. I have a job that brought me to the workplace and that is what I should do and return back home without having to think much about selling personal items at the office.

There are many companies that tend to monitor their employees. They may have some kind of strict rules. But I think that this entirely depends on the workplace environment. If an employee starts selling products and stuff there, then they may think that the employee is being an opportunistic and trying to use their platform for his or her own purpose.

There are many companies that would not allow that. However, I think that selling products inside the workplace or premises may not be allowed. Other than that, an employee may sell anything whatever they want. However, this all depends on the kind of product you sell. For example, you may not open a shop inside the office, as this may not be allowed. However, you may sell your personal belongings and there should be no problem with that.

You are not employed by a company to work for them and they are paying you to do so for you to also carry your own personal business and bring it into the work premises. This is something that is completely against our company's work policy. Any staff that is found guilty of doing this kind of thing would most likely lose his or her job.

I know my office won't stop you from doing any their businesses you're interested in but their rule is not to bring your own business into their own business. They will not pay you and still suffer your own business at the same time. It's either you chooses your work or your business.

I think that the only way you can actually be able to sell stuffs while you are still at your main workplace is when you have an online business like a drop-shipping business that you can actually communicate with a customer through your business platform and have a transaction completed probably when you are at break. Then, whenever you are at home, you can now run the delivery of the product to the customer who purchased from your business.

I've sold my content writing services at times while at work during the break time, if that counts hehe. That's something I can do anytime I get some free time off work. During tea breaks, lunch breaks, breakfast, while walking to work and while coming back as well. I can just provide my services from anywhere and anytime.

I know my office won't stop you from doing any their businesses you're interested in but their rule is not to bring your own business into their own business. They will not pay you and still suffer your own business at the same time. It's either you chooses your work or your business.

There are many other exceptions to the rule. If your boss wants to purchase something from you, then he or she may do so at his or her own discretion. This is because bosses are the ones who create rules. So they have the option to buy something as this is an exceptional case.

There are many other exceptions to the rule. If your boss wants to purchase something from you, then he or she may do so at his or her own discretion. This is because bosses are the ones who create rules. So they have the option to buy something as this is an exceptional case.
In the case of what stands in the rule at where I'm working, if they don't allow you to bring in your own business in the working environment, how would anyone buy from you, even the boss? It cannot work out in my office. They have strong law on ground to stop it from happening.

I've sold my content writing services at times while at work during the break time, if that counts hehe. That's something I can do anytime I get some free time off work. During tea breaks, lunch breaks, breakfast, while walking to work and while coming back as well. I can just provide my services from anywhere and anytime.

Of course selling your content writing services during the time you are on break is something that always count as selling something when you are at your work. The good thing about the whole thing is that you're doing it at the time when it is not going to interfere with your office work because most businesses don't really like it when you share your working time with your own personal business.

Of course selling your content writing services during the time you are on break is something that always count as selling something when you are at your work. The good thing about the whole thing is that you're doing it at the time when it is not going to interfere with your office work because most businesses don't really like it when you share your working time with your own personal business.
Yeah. I don't like mixing up everything. During my working hours, I only work. During my time off work, I live my personal life. I don't tolerate any work during my time off work. If I see that happening in the company I am in, I would definitely switch to another one. For me, work is a part of my life, not my life.

In the case of what stands in the rule at where I'm working, if they don't allow you to bring in your own business in the working environment, how would anyone buy from you, even the boss? It cannot work out in my office. They have strong law on ground to stop it from happening.

They may allow certain things at the workplace. For example, certain employees may be allowed to bring smartphones at the workplace. However, they may not be allowed to use them. If a boss sees you using the smartphone and if they plan to buy it from you, then they may do that at their own discretion.

They may allow certain things at the workplace. For example, certain employees may be allowed to bring smartphones at the workplace. However, they may not be allowed to use them. If a boss sees you using the smartphone and if they plan to buy it from you, then they may do that at their own discretion.
I've never seen any company which stops their workers from coming to work with their smartphone. It's not a business to stop one coming to work with their phones. There may be a rule against using smartphone at work but never one against having phones with them. It's not the same thing with selling anything at work.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back