What's new

Have you ever counted your steps while walking???

Oluwatobitosin

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
500 Posts Club
Jan 2, 2021
USD
$2.3300USD
Biznotes
Growing up, we did a lot of stuffs we couldn't imagine we did then, there was this day I was on an errand to the store, I counted my steps while walking to the extent that I forgot and passed where I was going. Lol.
Have you ever counted your steps while walking??

I've done that a couple of times before. Funny enough, I don't remember clearly the reason why I do those stuffs back then but I guess it has to do with retaining concentration.

I've not done it in a long while though.

This was one one weird act that was relevant back then. But I have never counted to the point of passing my destination, lolzz that's more weird. Rather I do always miss counts due fact that I will always meet friends and gist partner on the way. 😁

Yes of course, I have done that a lot of times when I was still a kid. I can even remember the day I was doing it while I was going to school, I had to count my steps from my house until I get to the school.

I believe that most kids did something like that but today it is not something that will have to count on our own. There are some applications that helps to count our steps on our smartphone whenever we are walking.

When I was in school, I sometimes used to count my steps. My school was 20 minutes walk from my home and I used to count my steps back and forth. I have also used an app to count my step but I have never counted my steps manually in many years.

I don't but my Google Fit app does. 😅 It counts each and every step I take provided I have my phone in my pocket. It's a great way to track how physically active you're being while doing your day to day job. It provides useful information regarding calories burned, heart points gained, number of steps and KMs walked.

I don't but my Google Fit app does. 😅 It counts each and every step I take provided I have my phone in my pocket. It's a great way to track how physically active you're being while doing your day to day job. It provides useful information regarding calories burned, heart points gained, number of steps and KMs walked.

Did you use Google Fit when you were a kid? Unless you started using smartphone at a very young age to have the Google Fit for it to be possible.

I didn't use any apps for this step counting until I was in high school. I counted and jotted it down in my dairy.

Did you use Google Fit when you were a kid? Unless you started using smartphone at a very young age to have the Google Fit for it to be possible.

I didn't use any apps for this step counting until I was in high school. I counted and jotted it down in my dairy.
Haha, no no. I didn't count steps during my childhood anytime as far as I remember. I've never done that. It's the app has been doing it since the time I was in high school.

Growing up, we did a lot of stuffs we couldn't imagine we did then, there was this day I was on an errand to the store, I counted my steps while walking to the extent that I forgot and passed where I was going. Lol.

I have not done this as I felt that it is not necessary. I am someone who always decides to think and analyse my day while walking instead of using that time to be counting my steps while I am walking. I don't see it as something that I should be doing.

You're meaning like literally counting your steps in your head? Never done that.

Of course having a phone in your pocket or something on your wrist does that but sometimes I wonder how accurate those really are. If you shake your leg or you bump into something, is that a step? if you move your phone or wrist around in a certain way, will that count as a step?

I have not done this as I felt that it is not necessary. I am someone who always decides to think and analyse my day while walking instead of using that time to be counting my steps while I am walking. I don't see it as something that I should be doing.

When there a software application that helps you to do this effectively without missing any count, I don't see the reason why someone is going to put themselves through the stress of having to count their steps in their head or even note it down on a jotter anyway.

Haha, no no. I didn't count steps during my childhood anytime as far as I remember. I've never done that. It's the app has been doing it since the time I was in high school.

The apps are very useful. I've been using Sweatcoin application for counting my steps. I can redeem the Sweatcoins I've been earning but I've not cashed it out.

The apps are very useful. I've been using Sweatcoin application for counting my steps. I can redeem the Sweatcoins I've been earning but I've not cashed it out.

I'm also making use of the Sweatcoin application. I haven't seen anyone who's able to use their own Sweatcoin to buy things on the application but it's very popular, so it shouldn't be a scam. I haven't been using it for a while because I began new. Maybe be by next year, I will see what I can get from my Sweatcoins.

Not that I can recall. I've always had a device counting for me. Originally on an android 2.x phone (which wasn't super accurate). Now I use a Pixel Watch 2 with Pixel 8 Pro. Between those devices, it has a much more accurate count now, than over 10 years ago.

Yes, as a child I have done it simply by counting them with my head, on the other hand now I also count my steps with applications like Weward or Sweatcoin that besides counting your steps, pay you for them.

When there a software application that helps you to do this effectively without missing any count, I don't see the reason why someone is going to put themselves through the stress of having to count their steps in their head or even note it down on a jotter anyway.
That's the point that I am trying to make. It doesn't even make sense to count your steps as an adult. What exactly is the person trying to achieve is what I don't truly understand.

That's the point that I am trying to make. It doesn't even make sense to count your steps as an adult. What exactly is the person trying to achieve is what I don't truly understand.

Yeah, that's very correct. An adult would never do something like that especially when the person is making use of a smartphone.

It's something that's more in line to what kids do.

Yes, as a child I have done it simply by counting them with my head, on the other hand now I also count my steps with applications like Weward or Sweatcoin that besides counting your steps, pay you for them.

Yes, I did it too as a kid. I can't believe some people are saying they never did this as a child. How is that possible? Kids love to count everything they can think of. It was a very common practice for kids.

Yes, I did it too as a kid. I can't believe some people are saying they never did this as a child. How is that possible? Kids love to count everything they can think of. It was a very common practice for kids.

You are absolutely correct about how kids are always interested in counting so many things when they were young. I did the same thing very well when I was still a kid because I even had my counters that I used to count almost all of the calculation that I had to do for my studies when I was growing up. I definitely counted my steps when I was walking and I even tried to measure our whole yard while counting the steps.

Health applications are things of this modern generation. They were not available years ago when no smartphone was around or smart wrist watches. As kids, we counted our steps manually until techs started doing the job.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back