What's new

Has your marketing campaign ever gone wrong?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have learned marketing by trial and error. My first attempts at marketing on facebook through paid ads went wrong. I did not know anything about ad targeting, thus, I burned my marketing budget. MY second marketing campaign was somewhat successful. Has your marketing campaign ever gone wrong?

A while back we did a campaign for a site I worked for. On said site we decided to do a giveaway for people who joined our site and signed up for the giveaway. All we got were people joining for the giveaway, once they signed up, they never went to the site again. I think using giveaways as a marketing tool is good in some ways, but only when you're already established. Because otherwise you're just going to get people coming in just for the giveaway.

At the moment, still learning about marketing I have not jumped into any kind of campaign that has needed me to put money into something as I know when I first do it without knowing as much as I need to, I will for sure waste my budget and it will go wrong.

A while back we did a campaign for a site I worked for. On said site we decided to do a giveaway for people who joined our site and signed up for the giveaway. All we got were people joining for the giveaway, once they signed up, they never went to the site again. I think using giveaways as a marketing tool is good in some ways, but only when you're already established. Because otherwise you're just going to get people coming in just for the giveaway.
As much as this is a great way to bring members into your site, usually a lot of them are only interested in the giveaway and once that is over, they tend to walk away and it never really helps you out at all.

Using giveaways as a marketing tool can help a lot if you are going to be doing regular giveaways. I always say that it is best to give something away that those who join have an interest in and also that it is something that ends up being related to the niche of your website.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back