What's new

Has any search engine lowered you back a page or more?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Lets say you landed the first few results on page one of a search. But later on, when searching your site, you see it buried back a page or more. Has this ever happened to you? One day your site is almost #1 in results and then a week, month or year later it drops to the second page or even further back. Has anything like this happened to you? I don't know if it's something that does happen, but I assume many people are fighting to at least be on the first page. But I think if your SEO work is strop, and you've done a decent job marketing your site, you should be able to stay near the top of search results.

This has happened to me numerous times and I believe this happens to all people. Search engine ranking is not something that is absolute, the ranking fluctuates based on how your competitors are doing. That's the reason why competitor analysis is very important in SEO.

This has happened to me numerous times and I believe this happens to all people. Search engine ranking is not something that is absolute, the ranking fluctuates based on how your competitors are doing. That's the reason why competitor analysis is very important in SEO.
That's true. You have to keep working to keep your rank up. It could change at any moment I imagine. What's the furthest your sites rank went in the past?

To be in first place every time on google you need to buy an advertisement and bid the highest price for keywords, unless it is free referencing then what you say is true. Google shows advertisers in the beginning then the rest of the internet sites.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back