What's new

Has someone ever offered to buy your product/company rather than file a lawsuit?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
So I know someone from work that has a product he had made and is in the process of getting it out to venders but because of how he got this produced, a company has approached him with a hefty lawsuit. I don't know all the finer details but they offered to buy the product and everything off him instead. He is not sure what to do.

It depends on the reason why the lawsuit is a thing. Was the guy working on company time to make the product? Was the product a carbon copy of a product? Or was it a wholly unique product that the company may just want? There's a lot more that I'm sure goes into it, like the product name being trademarked or copyrighted, or something else with it.

If you have a product that's new and unique, don't let anyone try and stop you, as long as it's not a stolen idea and is new and useful, it should be fine.

So I know someone from work that has a product he had made and is in the process of getting it out to venders but because of how he got this produced, a company has approached him with a hefty lawsuit. I don't know all the finer details but they offered to buy the product and everything off him instead. He is not sure what to do.

I am not sure why the company filed a lawsuit against him? There should be some grounds for that and there should be any evidence for any illegal action being taken place in the first place. I think that here are many other things that need to be explained in here.

Fortunately, I haven't found myself in this kind of situation and it's definitely going to be something that will be difficult to deal with. At least, with my business of poultry and fish farming, I don't have to worry about getting any of lawsuit for breeding chickens and fishes.

But in a situation where someone did went against another company to produce what they can be sued for, should they offer money to assimilate the product and trash the lawsuit, it's better to accept their offer.

I have seen this happening with big businesses but never happened to me. A lot of companies instead of going forward with the lawsuits offer to buy the product of the entire company and end the battle for good. That's what Mattle did when they faced lawsuits for intellectual theft for their barbie.

It's just like what happened with the cases of Fiverr copycats Uniscanner that all ended up copying all the gigs of sellers on Fiverr, using their service pictures and either charging higer or lesser for the same services. When a scrap report is filed, they have to be taken down.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back