Gmail Closing Many Accounts

Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
This just popped up in my news feed on my phone, so I thought I'd share.
A Top Story saying Google/Gmail plans on deleting thousands of (inactive) or "barely active" Gmail accounts in the hopes of freeing up some space.
Do you think this will affect you or your Gmail account(s)?
Now would be a good time to make use of any account you may have that you haven't used in awhile, even if it means just logging in, opening some unread emails, or even sending one.

Do you have any Gmail accounts that you keep but never use? Because it's looking like Google is about to go on a deleting spree.

Just a little heads up, friends.
(I actively use all of mine.)

Screenshot_20230601-232006.png

This is the main reason you use Gmail for signups but after a while, you discover that it becomes rude with newsletters and notifications so you may signup again for a new Gmail for the same purpose, or if you are a developer and save your code you reached 14 gigabytes from 15 gigabytes storage. People do not have time to clear 50 emails received every day from newsletters or these staff or clear gigabytes of storage.

This is the main reason you use Gmail for signups but after a while, you discover that it becomes rude with newsletters and notifications so you may signup again for a new Gmail for the same purpose, or if you are a developer and save your code you reached 14 gigabytes from 15 gigabytes storage. People do not have time to clear 50 emails received every day from newsletters or these staff or clear gigabytes of storage.
That's true, signing up for sites using a Gmail address is easy to do, but then if you are no longer interested in the site you originally signed up for, the emails still continue to keep flooding in.
I think that's why Gmail is planning on doing this "clean up" .. looking for inactive accounts that are loaded with repetitive emails (mostly from the same place) - and the Gmail account holder hasn't logged in for quite a while, or completely abandoned the whole account and moved on to open a new one for something else, or maybe even moved on to a different email provider for a brand new online job or project.

That's true, signing up for sites using a Gmail address is easy to do, but then if you are no longer interested in the site you originally signed up for, the emails still continue to keep flooding in.
I think that's why Gmail is planning on doing this "clean up" .. looking for inactive accounts that are loaded with repetitive emails (mostly from the same place) - and the Gmail account holder hasn't logged in for quite a while, or completely abandoned the whole account and moved on to open a new one for something else, or maybe even moved on to a different email provider for a brand new online job or project.
There is new technic is using email nator provider service and then for just a confirmation link and move on but you did not know if the website if it is using for example a sign in code then this is providing as @gmail.com domain name for sites you just for example sign up to view an attachment or just to download a PDF and offers premium feature. Snail pro also could be helpful with premium feature of saving temporary emails starting with gmail.com to keep original one free of newsletter. These are links : https://www.emailnator.com https://smailpro.com

They said they will be deactivated unused accounts and deleting them. Mostly to save space. So if you have any accounts that have not been used in 2+ years, sign into them to prevent this.

This just popped up in my news feed on my phone, so I thought I'd share.
A Top Story saying Google/Gmail plans on deleting thousands of (inactive) or "barely active" Gmail accounts in the hopes of freeing up some space.
Do you think this will affect you or your Gmail account(s)?
Now would be a good time to make use of any account you may have that you haven't used in awhile, even if it means just logging in, opening some unread emails, or even sending one.

Do you have any Gmail accounts that you keep but never use? Because it's looking like Google is about to go on a deleting spree.

Just a little heads up, friends.
(I actively use all of mine.)

View attachment 5112
I think that will be better, some of those accounts are just there for no use. Most of the owners must have forgotten their passwords

Yes, I read that Google is planning to do this and I think it is a reasonable step on their part. There can be a lot of accounts that people don't use, where only a lot of unnecessary or spam emails go. If I haven't logged into my email account in two years, I probably won't in the future either. It wouldn't even show up for me if it was deleted.

They said they will be deactivated unused accounts and deleting them. Mostly to save space. So if you have any accounts that have not been used in 2+ years, sign into them to prevent this.
I do not know if this is activity considered or not instead of opening all of them link them all to your Yahoo account so you will have all your emails in one place without need to sign in separately to reply or Auth code.

Personally, I do not think it affects me, since I usually use 3 Gmail accounts, and each one is for one thing and every day I access them to check email, I sincerely see it well on the part of Google, since really anyone can create many Gmail accounts, and if we look at each account has a space available only in Gmail of about 15gb if I remember correctly, those who aren't being active are taking up space they don't really need and can make infrastructure more inefficient.

I think that will be better, some of those accounts are just there for no use. Most of the owners must have forgotten their passwords
I think so too.
I like to do a little cleanup on my phone from time to time, old texts, photos, repeat photos (like the ones you have 5 or 6 of and they're all pretty much the same shot.) Those extras are just taking up space. Same goes for my emails.
Yes, I read that Google is planning to do this and I think it is a reasonable step on their part. There can be a lot of accounts that people don't use, where only a lot of unnecessary or spam emails go. If I haven't logged into my email account in two years, I probably won't in the future either. It wouldn't even show up for me if it was deleted.
Same. I wouldn't be able to remember the passwords anyway. And maybe not even the usernames! If I've used old Gmail accounts in the past to sign up for various jobs or sites, and I no longer work these sites, I doubt I'd remember the Gmail accounts for them either.
Deleting them would have no effect on me.

I think so too.
I like to do a little cleanup on my phone from time to time, old texts, photos, repeat photos (like the ones you have 5 or 6 of and they're all pretty much the same shot.) Those extras are just taking up space. Same goes for my emails.

Same. I wouldn't be able to remember the passwords anyway. And maybe not even the usernames! If I've used old Gmail accounts in the past to sign up for various jobs or sites, and I no longer work these sites, I doubt I'd remember the Gmail accounts for them either.
Deleting them would have no effect on me.
Trick 1:
Edge:
So for example you could open all of them on Edge and it will sync to your Gmail account. Open in new browser import all passwords and devices.
Trick 2:
Opera:
But this one doesn't sync extensions.
Trick 3:
Google Chrome
But it sync only to one Gmail account instead.

I know that I have a few Gmail accounts that I no longer use so I am expecting them to be deleted when they do this but the ones that I use the most and that I have emails coming to that I need to see are still active daily so I see me keeping those.

This is good to know though so people can be prepared so they do not lose an account if it is still needed.

While I don't have a Gmail account anymore as I have deleted it many years ago due to inactivity, I thank you @Melanie M for this heads up. Do people think this is fair? I know many people have several accounts. I know I do for various things. Some I have around for spare accounts in case the others get spammed too much. It'd be a hassle to think you have an account & then come to find it was deleted.

I have a lot of gmail accounts, some that haven't been signed in for a while. I used some for work related things and I may have to just sign into to them all one of these days. I think some of the emails I lost access to though. So that sucks, but I think you can just make another gmail account or two.

While I don't have a Gmail account anymore as I have deleted it many years ago due to inactivity, I thank you @Melanie M for this heads up. Do people think this is fair? I know many people have several accounts. I know I do for various things. Some I have around for spare accounts in case the others get spammed too much. It'd be a hassle to think you have an account & then come to find it was deleted.
As long as they log in and maybe open a few emails, or delete some, I'm pretty sure they will leave the account up.
Google/Gmail is/(are) probably just looking for old accounts that have been inactive for years and are basically just taking up space.

As long as they log in and maybe open a few emails, or delete some, I'm pretty sure they will leave the account up.
Google/Gmail is/(are) probably just looking for old accounts that have been inactive for years and are basically just taking up space.
I thought I'd add in to this. Even though I don't have Gmail, I do have a Youtube account which is partnered with Google. I had received an email the other day titled: "Updating our Google Account inactivity policy". Anybody else receiving these emails?

I thought I'd add in to this. Even though I don't have Gmail, I do have a Youtube account which is partnered with Google. I had received an email the other day titled: "Updating our Google Account inactivity policy". Anybody else receiving these emails?
I haven't received anything like that, but one of my Gmail accounts either keeps upgrading or downgrading to this crappy version that is almost impossible to view.
None of the emails are categorized, so it's just a big, long list of emails in no particular order and the lettering is very small. It also doesn't show any dates or times.
I just keep messaging Support and then within a couple days they change it back to the way it's supposed to be. Happened twice now. 😐

I have a lot of gmail accounts, some that haven't been signed in for a while. I used some for work related things and I may have to just sign into to them all one of these days. I think some of the emails I lost access to though. So that sucks, but I think you can just make another gmail account or two.
I myself I have Gmail account so many of them but I never had any issues using it,they are still working are you sure they are not running maintenance or something

No, I haven't read that news yet, but it's really scary, especially for those who don't know about it. I don't know what kind of activity Google is talking about; is logging in enough to be considered activity? Or do we need to send and receive emails every day?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back