What's new

Gmail Closing Many Accounts

No, I haven't read that news yet, but it's really scary, especially for those who don't know about it. I don't know what kind of activity Google is talking about; is logging in enough to be considered activity? Or do we need to send and receive emails every day?
I think logging in a few times a week would be enough.
I'm pretty sure they're just looking for stagnant or abandoned accounts with zero activity over the past few years, including no logins.

Google will delete thousands of Gmail accounts as the tech giant tightens security with an account policy change. Accounts which have been inactive for two years will be deleted as early as December 2nd thousand twenty three

Google will delete thousands of Gmail accounts as the tech giant tightens security with an account policy change. Accounts which have been inactive for two years will be deleted as early as December 2nd thousand twenty three
Thank you @hassaan786 for the update. Ok, so if you have a Gmail account and you've done absolutely nothing with it for 2 years (including logging in) then they will be deleted anywhere from December - to New Years, and Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and so on....and so on.
Got it

Thank you @hassaan786 for the update. Ok, so if you have a Gmail account and you've done absolutely nothing with it for 2 years (including logging in) then they will be deleted anywhere from December - to New Years, and Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and so on....and so on.
Got it
Which is why I'm going to have to sign into a bunch of google accounts soon, as I know there are some accounts I haven't touched in a few years. I hope I can login to most of them. :D

Which is why I'm going to have to sign into a bunch of google accounts soon, as I know there are some accounts I haven't touched in a few years. I hope I can login to most of them. :D
I just hope you can remember all the passwords. Haha!
Did you write them down somewhere?
One of the hardest things for me to do is remember old passwords.. I pretty much stick to the same ones, but sometimes I add numbers, capitalize first letters, it gets so confusing.
Good luck @Grant

I use Gmail for all of my personal email addresses but in all honesty, if I’ve not logged in for two years then I probably won’t need it anyway. I’ve updated all of my accounts on websites etc to my primary email address so I’ll be okay. It might mean people losing forum and other website accounts etc if they forget their account passwords so it’s best for everyone to check their details are up to date.

This is the issue with free email services though, if you depend on email that much and need multiple accounts, it might be best to purchase cheap dedicated email which also offers extra security and privacy.

Google has announced that it is will be closing Gmail accounts that have lied dormant for more than 2 years., I use over a dozen gmails and I use all of these accounts once in a while. So, the new announcement will not affect me.

Google has announced that it is will be closing Gmail accounts that have lied dormant for more than 2 years., I use over a dozen gmails and I use all of these accounts once in a while. So, the new announcement will not affect me.
Well, that's good.
And w-o-w, over a dozen accounts? I was about to ask for what, but then (I think) I remember you saying you did multiple online jobs, including running websites and forums.
How do you remember all the passwords? 😮😄 Impressive.

I save passwords on the browser so that I don't have to remember them. Sometimes I use easy-to-remember passwords by using a combination of numbers, alphabets, and special characters that I can relate to.

All my gmails might seem semi-inactive honestly. I get so many emails flooded due to giving my emails to different signups and memberships. It's overwhelming so I don't clean it up. I wonder if they can tell if you've opened the inbox in x amount of time at least. I have one email I made recently that isn't active yet but I want to use it eventually since I got a name change I made a new official email. I have 3 gmails, one for online things and memberships, one for official business and then the next one I'll eventually use for official business.

I don't think this will affect my accounts on Gmail, even though I have many accounts but then I do login and use these account sometimes so they can't be considered as an inactive account .

I've since signed into most of my gmail accounts, so I should be good for the next two years. I need to sign into a few others yet, but will probably get that done soon.
There are many reasons for example for leaving your Gmail account the first reason is that you have reached your 15 gigabytes storage, for example, you could say when compressing your work with 7z try to exclude files like node_modules or vendor or android or ios (depending from language program like react js or expo app or Laravel with next js), also you need to use Shrink PDF when downloading the screenshot from Video Notebook. It is a long subject and needs a spare thread. The second thing some sites implement a security so Gmail could not contain points when using a temporary Gmail account provider they provide email with points like email nator so you are forced to join some sites your real Gmail account and this is also something bad, so every site sends daily newsletter you could have for example 1000 unread emails each month and Gmail is no longer able to be used to send and receive professional emails and then some sites prevent email update means forced to use it to login to some sites even if you contact support then such feature is not allowed.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back