Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Are gaming laptops better than a desktop PC with similar specs? I am always for the desktop PC, as they're better cooled and from my understanding last longer and you can upgrade them a lot more.

But, is a gaming laptop worth it ever?

I prefer Desktop since they are more customizable. But, I do think I should get another laptop at some point that I can take with me on vacations and trips, since I can't take a desktop very easily to other countries or continents (going off-NA to Hawaii for the first time soon).

I don't know if laptops are better, what I do know is that I like desktop computers more to play video games since I find them much more comfortable, I don't like playing on laptops very much since I don't find them very ergonomic.

As desktops have more space for cooling, so a high-performance desktop will always beat a high-performance laptop. But laptops beat desktops in terms of energy efficiency and portability.

Both gaming laptops and desktop PCs have their advantages. Desktops generally offer better cooling and upgradability, lasting longer in terms of hardware relevance.

However, gaming laptops provide portability and convenience. If performance and upgradability are your main expectations, a desktop is preferable. For on-the-go gaming, a laptop can be worth it but may have limitations on future upgrades.

You bring up some solid points about desktop PCs, especially regarding cooling, longevity, and upgradability. These are indeed areas where desktops traditionally outshine laptops. However, gaming laptops have made significant strides in addressing these issues, offering better thermal management, durability, and somewhat modular components for upgrades, though they still lag behind desktops in this regard.
You bring up some solid points about desktop PCs, especially regarding cooling, longevity, and upgradability. These are indeed areas where desktops traditionally outshine laptops. However, gaming laptops have made significant strides in addressing these issues, offering better thermal management, durability, and somewhat modular components for upgrades, though they still lag behind desktops in this regard.
Interestingly, the criteria you'd look for in a gaming laptop—such as a high-performance CPU, GPU, and ample RAM—are similar to what you'd seek in the best budget laptop for graphic design. This guide highlights models that balance performance and price, which could be a great resource for anyone looking to get a powerful laptop that can handle both gaming and creative tasks.

Last edited:
Gaming laptop are better than normal PC but between gaming laptop and gaming PC, gaming PC are far more superior than gaming laptop. I have a gaming laptop and I am thinking to get a gaming PC

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back