What's new

Forum software or add on to make users pay for posts?

linux.poet

Training Manager
Staff member
Team Manager
1000 Posts Club
Jun 21, 2023
USD
$29.1400USD
Biznotes
Right now I'm looking to build a RPG forum where the users get a certain amount of free posts each day and then have to pay to get more posts - they have to buy them - after a certain limit. (Essentially, paid-to-post in reverse.) What is the best way to accomplish this with forum software?

I think it might be possible to have a posts sale item in Dragonbyte shop, but I also need something that restricts the user from posting in a section after so many posts per day. Like a post counter for the number of posts remaining that the user can top up using money or waiting 24 hours. What is the best forum software to use for this sort of system?

I have something similar in mind. I am thinking of a community where users will have to pay to publish content. However, instead of normal forum posts, these will be digital items put on sell. It would be something like a multi-vendor ecommerce site but I want to use community software.
I will be looking forward to the responses on this thread.

@Rudolph After not seeing a lot of response to this thread, I decided to google and dig around. It's not common.

Basically there might be a way to make DBTech credits and User Upgrades kind of work for this. I also found this interesting add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-limit-per-node-by-addonslab.5466/ but it's too old - it was developed in 2017, and that's an eternity ago in forum software land. Disappointing as that was part of what I was looking for.

There is supposedly some way to do this in vBulletin, but that information might be out of date as well. Still looking for answers from someone more knowledgeable about forum software.

Hopefully this is not something I have to blast down to code to build, as it involves payments. If I was using XF, probably try to build on top of the DragonByte Shop/DBTech system for payments, but then I have to upgrade that post limit code from 2017 somehow to set up the paywall. Ugh.

Maybe it could be configured through membership plans. For instance, we can give access to certain segments of the site only when the member upgrades membership plans. Since the user has paid to access a certain segment of the site, we can also allow the member to post. What do you think?

Maybe it could be configured through membership plans. For instance, we can give access to certain segments of the site only when the member upgrades membership plans. Since the user has paid to access a certain segment of the site, we can also allow the member to post. What do you think?
That could work for your use case, but not for mine. I wanted a subscription section and a pay-per-Post section on my forum.

Just like we earn some forum credits per post, you want to charge your user's forum credits or real cash per post, right? Looks like there are no add-ons developed for this purpose. Maybe you have to do it manually. For instance, you can put the posts under moderation and approve them only after the users pay for their posts. By the way, some forums charge for the sticky posts, can this add on be configured to charge users for their posts?

It is possible that user post but no reward given after reach the limit of posting that what happens every time that means prevent from posting or trendri policy doesn't seems the ideal solution as my point of view.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back