Effect of unemployment

eLdavis

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Feb 1, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Unemployment has been one of the major issues in my country and other countries as well, especially in developing countries. there are so many negative effect unemployment can cause to not just the individual but also to the society, yet the Government keeps on giving a blind eye to these problem. One major effect of unemployment in a community or country is increase in crime rate. Many might feel this is the only effect but there are so much more. There are so many cases of various crime carried out by not just the unemployed but even by our young ones as well out of peer pressure or greed.

INCREASE IN CRIME RATE:
Though it is quit common for these crimes to take place, but it has become very rampant. as at Friday, 30th of July last month, my phone was stolen. and the funny part of it was the fact that it was stolen under my nose, inside my house in the middle of the night. i decided to go retrieve my MTN sim from their office, only to meet others like myself, whose phone has been stolen either in a public transport, at the shop or even places they once felt safe before. Phone stealing has become a nom.

DEPRESSION:
Depression has become a common trait today especially among our youths. Youths today easily fall into depression, once they notice others are doing better than them. and depression can sometimes lead to death. Like during the last lockdown in the recent pandemic, there where some cases of suicide. I remember when i just finished my service year after university, i was so desperate to find a job but after so many search, i fell into depression, i started looking down on my self like i was not good enough, it grew worse when i saw others the same age as me, and even some younger then me making money and living the life i wanted. I came to discover that there are so many others who fell into depression like my self because of unemployment but unlike me, many where not able to over come it.

HEALTH ISSUES:
Unemployment, can also cause health issues to an individual as well. when a person is unemployed, it creates a situation where the individual becomes stressed, there would be no peace of mind. Especially in the case of a person that has responsibilities such as taking care of the family. Once a person becomes too stressed, it could lead to various common yet deadly health issues such as high blood pressure, frequent headaches, heart conditions. Which would require capital to buy medications for treatment. Lack of capital can make some keep these health issues to themselves until it leads to death.

EFFECT OF UNEMPLOYMENT TO THE ECONOMY & GOVERNMENT :
Most government today have the mindset that the rate of unemployment, has noting to do with them. Hence they send their children overseas to study in the best schools and secure good jobs for them, without even caring about the increase of the rate of unemployment. According to a research carried out by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it says unemployed persons tend to send less, which which ultimately contributes less to the economy. in other words, the more the unemployment increases, the more the economy suffer, as there would be a very poor purchasing power for individuals in terms of buying goods and services. Hence government would get fewer returns.

Nice observations op. But I don't think the government can ever do enough to get rid of unemployment totally. It may be reduced, but not eradicated.

Unemployment has been one of the major issues in my country and other countries as well, especially in developing countries. there are so many negative effect unemployment can cause to not just the individual but also to the society, yet the Government keeps on giving a blind eye to these problem. One major effect of unemployment in a community or country is increase in crime rate. Many might feel this is the only effect but there are so much more. There are so many cases of various crime carried out by not just the unemployed but even by our young ones as well out of peer pressure or greed.

INCREASE IN CRIME RATE:
Though it is quit common for these crimes to take place, but it has become very rampant. as at Friday, 30th of July last month, my phone was stolen. and the funny part of it was the fact that it was stolen under my nose, inside my house in the middle of the night. i decided to go retrieve my MTN sim from their office, only to meet others like myself, whose phone has been stolen either in a public transport, at the shop or even places they once felt safe before. Phone stealing has become a nom.

DEPRESSION:
Depression has become a common trait today especially among our youths. Youths today easily fall into depression, once they notice others are doing better than them. and depression can sometimes lead to death. Like during the last lockdown in the recent pandemic, there where some cases of suicide. I remember when i just finished my service year after university, i was so desperate to find a job but after so many search, i fell into depression, i started looking down on my self like i was not good enough, it grew worse when i saw others the same age as me, and even some younger then me making money and living the life i wanted. I came to discover that there are so many others who fell into depression like my self because of unemployment but unlike me, many where not able to over come it.

HEALTH ISSUES:
Unemployment, can also cause health issues to an individual as well. when a person is unemployed, it creates a situation where the individual becomes stressed, there would be no peace of mind. Especially in the case of a person that has responsibilities such as taking care of the family. Once a person becomes too stressed, it could lead to various common yet deadly health issues such as high blood pressure, frequent headaches, heart conditions. Which would require capital to buy medications for treatment. Lack of capital can make some keep these health issues to themselves until it leads to death.

Most government today have the mindset that the rate of unemployment, has noting to do with them. Hence they send their children overseas to study in the best schools and secure good jobs for them, without even caring about the increase of the rate of unemployment. According to a research carried out by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it says unemployed persons tend to send less, which which ultimately contributes less to the economy. in other words, the more the unemployment increases, the more the economy suffer, as there would be a very poor purchasing power for individuals in terms of buying goods and services. Hence government would get fewer returns.
The adverse effect of unemployment can be very detrimental to the individual involve and the society.It can lead to depression,when an individual has nothing doing,his mind would not be productive and inability to provide resources to take care of welfare would be a major concern.

At least something should be done to drastically reduce it. Unemployment is global but it affects developing countries more. Going to school and having a good grade doesn't guarantee employment. So man needs to buckle up and find plan B and C

@eLdavis , considering the consequences of unemployment as you put it, I think we have to start by changing the mentality of the population. There are many unemployed because they refuse to work on their own, or in some places, they just expect a government job with a good office, which is reasonable. But they can't spend their lives waiting for that and should start looking for other options, of which there are many.

You have one of the best write-up I have ever come across, the first effect of unemployment is that it increases crime rates when you ate unemployed, some people tends to go into crime and it also leads to depression where people thinks negatively because of their inability to secure a job.

Nice observations op. But I don't think the government can ever do enough to get rid of unemployment totally. It may be reduced, but not eradicated.
That's one sad truth. No matter how much effort the government puts in, it is impossible to totally remove unemployment. As there might be some who are not qualified for one reason or the other
Post automatically merged:

At least something should be done to drastically reduce it. Unemployment is global but it affects developing countries more. Going to school and having a good grade doesn't guarantee employment. So man needs to buckle up and find plan B and C
It is indeed true that unemployment has an huge effect on mostly the developing countries. I think even if it cannot be completely removed, it can be controlled to some level. And I believe the way forward would the government and the people working together. The government would have to create more jobs and the people should not just wait on the government as well, they should be creative, learn hand skills, this would help greatly

@eLdavis , considering the consequences of unemployment as you put it, I think we have to start by changing the mentality of the population. There are many unemployed because they refuse to work on their own, or in some places, they just expect a government job with a good office, which is reasonable. But they can't spend their lives waiting for that and should start looking for other options, of which there are many.
Indeed this is correct, the first approach should be changing the mindset of the masses. And the major focus should be on the graduates. Many graduates today, do not think of learning a skill, the solely rely on the government for good jobs.

You have one of the best write-up I have ever come across, the first effect of unemployment is that it increases crime rates when you ate unemployed, some people tends to go into crime and it also leads to depression where people thinks negatively because of their inability to secure a job.
Thank you. There are so many crime rates today because of the level of unemployment, they tend to see a life of crime as the solution to survive.

Last edited:
The problem is not only in your country it has been a problem to African countries and the government have not been doing anything to stop all the employment most especially within the youth you need to be selfed employed for you to survive in my country

The problem is not only in your country it has been a problem to African countries and the government have not been doing anything to stop all the employment most especially within the youth you need to be selfed employed for you to survive in my countr
Unemployment has been the problem in mostly all African countries and the only reason is because most of our leaders are selfish , they prefer embezzling the money instead of providing job opportunities for the masses.

Unemployment has been the problem in mostly all African countries and the only reason is because most of our leaders are selfish , they prefer embezzling the money instead of providing job opportunities for the masses.
The funny thing or should I say painful thing is that there are jobs that have been kept aside for their children, positions have been place down for them even before they graduate

Being unemployed is temporary for most of the people. One or the day , we will find the best job that is suited to us and we will start living life peacefully. Off course one can combat depression by getting involved in sports or do some relaxation activities.

Exactly the problem of unemployment in my country has so bad that government is not even doing anything about it, I feel so bad seeing all this things.

Unemployment has a lot of adverse effects on the society a large you know. The crime rate goes up. There Is increase in violence in the home every now and then. You see a lot of broken homes

You have actually among the very best write-up I have actually ever before encountered, the very initial impact of unemployment is actually that it enhances criminal offense prices when you consumed unemployed, many people has the tendency to enter into criminal offense and also results in anxiety where individuals believes adversely due to their failure to protect a task.

You have actually among the very best write-up I have actually ever before encountered, the very initial impact of unemployment is actually that it enhances criminal offense prices when you consumed unemployed, many people has the tendency to enter into criminal offense and also results in anxiety where individuals believes adversely due to their failure to protect a task.
Thanks for the compliment, you are right. In last two months there have been an increase in stealing of phones in my location both smart phones and non smart phones.

INCREASE IN CRIME RATE:

DEPRESSION:

HEALTH ISSUES:

Thanks for sharing your information about the effects of unemployment. I believe unemployment has great negative impact on the economic situation of the country. There will be little taxes coming in because of unemployment. But if the people of the country has employment then there will be many taxes flowing in to the treasury of the government.

INCREASE IN CRIME RATE:

DEPRESSION:

HEALTH ISSUES:

The number one side effects of unemployment in the world is that it always increases crime rate where youths go into stealing, and doing internet and cyber crime just in order to earn a living and be someone in life, and it also leads to depression.

The number one side effects of unemployment in the world is that it always increases crime rate where youths go into stealing, and doing internet and cyber crime just in order to earn a living and be someone in life, and it also leads to depression.
True, and it usually affects the younger ones as they easily fall to peer pressure and depression, they tend to find any means possible to make it in life

Great points you've made here. These are the most common effects of unemployment and we see them everyday. Another effect is loss of morals, when a lady decides to sell her body in other to earn, its potrays lost morals.

Unemployment is a major life event. It can have a devastating
impact on people’s lives. It affects not just the unemployed person
but also family members and the wider community. The impact
of unemployment can be long-lasting. As unemployment
becomes more long-term, its impact becomes more far reaching,
often affecting living standards in retirement. The loss of income
by the parents can damage the prospects of the next generation.
Quite apart from the personal impact, unemployment is a loss of
valuable productive resources to the economy. The impact of job
loss in rural and regional areas flows through the local community
damaging businesses as family expenditure is reduced. Further
damage to local communities may result from people leaving in search for ework

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back