Not open for further replies.

pwarbi

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Sep 20, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
There seems to be an opinion around that the drums is one of the easiest instruments that we can play, and I'm sure that we have all as children had a go at bashing a few cymbals and thoroughly enjoyed the amount of noise it made! If we want to actually learn how to play though, not only is it hard to know exactly what equipment we are going to need, but once we have crossed that minefield we then have to learn how to play without looking and sounding like Animal out of The Muppets!

I have to admit that having played the guitar and base guitar, I thought that I would like to play the drums as well and thought how hard can it be? Well, the answer is VERY and choosing the right equipment took me about as long as what it did to actually learn how to play in the first place.

How many novice drummers do we have on here that are finding that knowing what to buy is more confusing than learning how to play?

One good idea is to buy quality cymbals, cause unlike the drums, they cannot be improved. Nonetheless, some cheaper ones might be all that's available for someone just learning, but I wouldn't advise them for a live performance or YouTube recording.:eek:

One good idea is to buy quality cymbals, cause unlike the drums, they cannot be improved. Nonetheless, some cheaper ones might be all that's available for someone just learning, but I wouldn't advise them for a live performance or YouTube recording.:eek:

I think that brings up an interesting point when you mentioned YouTube recordings. A cheap cymbal (or anything for that matter) might be acceptable to the naked ear but when it's being recorded the quality or lack of it does come to the fore when you listen to it back. That can be a problem if you record yourself practicing to evaluate yourself or ask somebody else to, as you end up thinking I'm sure it didn't sound that bad when I was playing it, and it probably didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back