What's new

Do you send your own invoices for work done or wait for pay to come in?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Whenever I do work for someone, I tend to fill out an invoice on PayPal requesting payment for said work. I've started to do this as it's a lot easier to keep track of your pay and also to have more of an idea of what your work is for each amount of pay you get.

Anyway, who here prefers to do an invoice instead? I feel this way it gives you a better track record of the work you do as well. What do you guys think?

Some clients want me to send invoices and some clients send payment after the work is done. It depends on personal preference. Just like we want to track our payment,some clients also want to track how much they are paying for freelancers, therefore, they ask for invoices.

On some freelancing platforms, you have to raise an invoice once you have completed the order, and on other freelancing platforms, you're automatically paid once your order has been completed.

I have been known to send invoices in the past for work but a lot of the time, I either take payment upfront or the client will wait until the work is complete and then send the payment up on completion.

I really don't mind which way I do it as I do not mind sending invoices if they prefer that or if they are happy to just send payment.

No, I don't send invoice after working and wait for my payment to sent. I wouldn't leave myself in a way to be potentially scammed. My invoice is sent before I start working. If my payment isn't sent upfront, there's no agreement to work.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back