What's new

Do you let your kids play your video games?

I am not married yet so I don't have kids. But when I become a father, I'll surely let my kids play my video games. But it will be regulated. Like some 2 Hours a day or something after they have finished their studies , homework etc.

As someone who grew up as a gamer myself and my love for gaming still being strong even though I am now older, I have never had an issue with my kids playing video games.

We tend to have game nights where we all play a game together such as Fortnite or even Roblox and they also like to hang out with their friends online and play video games whilst socializing which is a lot better than them being out and causing trouble or getting into issues.

I believe as long as you supervise and check what games your kids are playing, there is no issue and it can help a lot with stress and mental health, especially with how the world is today.

I wasn't allowed to play video games at a young age by my mother. According to her, gaming corrupts kids. She was more concerned with buying me all the toys in the world but never video games. It was my uncle who helped to get her understand how good games can be for kids. I will definitely allow my kids to play video games but I will choose the games they play.

My kid plays educational games, he has been playing these games since he was 3 years old. From language to maths, science, drawing, etc. my kid learned a lot of things playing games. These days, he plays Minecraft and soon I will introduce him to Roblox.

I wasn't allowed to play video games at a young age by my mother. According to her, gaming corrupts kids. She was more concerned with buying me all the toys in the world but never video games. It was my uncle who helped to get her understand how good games can be for kids. I will definitely allow my kids to play video games but I will choose the games they play.

My father was of the same mind and he applied it to television too. He was a college professor and he really believed in putting education first. So that's where he focused me at for the 3 years I lived with him. I did have a Game Boy hidden away in my room that I played to which he soon found out that I had it and his first action was throwing it in the garbage in front of me and chewing me out about it.

My kids on the other hand, don't like the games I play. My daughter hates playing video games because she finds them frustrating and my son is into farming simulators and foot ball games for PlayStation while I'm into RPG first person shooter games.

Last edited:
Personally, I've been playing video games since I can remember, I think since I was 4 years old, so, although I don't have children, I would let them play if I did, but always with some supervision and knowing what games they play, that is, games appropriate for their age, video games can also teach children many things and develop some skills in them.

My kid is too young to play a lot of consoles because he would be too rough with them, probably. I mean, kids scratch CD roms and even put food in the console. Anyway, once he is a few years past 4 years old, his current age, probably he can handle any sort of gaming system, but even older kids might need to be taught to care for CD Roms, but then again newer systems don't use them, but there is the threat, as with the Switch, with losing the little games, because they are tiny and easy to lose.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back