What's new

Do people ever bring up personal stuff at your work?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When you're working your day to day job, do you ever deal with any co-workers attempting to air your personal life for all to hear? I have had days at past jobs where my co-worker was a jerk towards me, and would call me out for my personal life. Make fun of the things I liked and so on. Thankfully the guy was fired soon after, but it was a stressful thing to go into a job and be poked at.

Have you ever dealt with something like that?

When you're working your day to day job, do you ever deal with any co-workers attempting to air your personal life for all to hear? I have had days at past jobs where my co-worker was a jerk towards me, and would call me out for my personal life. Make fun of the things I liked and so on. Thankfully the guy was fired soon after, but it was a stressful thing to go into a job and be poked at.

Have you ever dealt with something like that?

I think that this is a very bad thing. No one should be allowed to interfere in personal lives of other people. The co-worker you are talking about was certainly not a good person. He does not have any right to interfere. Did he got fired due to interfering in lives of others?

I have never had such an experience, and I won't hesitate to fire any staff that ever tries to behave in that kind of manner. There is no justification for any staff member at my workplace to begin to talk about my private life with someone else no matter how they feel.

I've never disclosed anything about my personal life at work. I won't care if we are close, my personal life stays out of my work. I can talk anything about my working challenges but not a thing about my personal life.

No matter how rigid or professional one might be, at some point in a place of work there is at least one person one is bound to get close to. It always starts professionally and then gradually becomes a little personal, either as a friend or more.

When one has that person that one has grown close to at work, personal discussions are bound to be shared once in a while.

I've never disclosed anything about my personal life at work. I won't care if we are close, my personal life stays out of my work. I can talk anything about my working challenges but not a thing about my personal life.

Well, I have seen many people talking about their personal lives and this is a very common thing in many workplaces. I am not the kind of person who may do that. However, I have seen others doing that in many professional places.

You had a terrible situation and I also believe that people should not do this at work because they are in the same conditions and you need to share problems with someone else, although when it is not something serious, sometimes it is interesting to listen to what is happening in other people's lives

Well, I have seen many people talking about their personal lives and this is a very common thing in many workplaces. I am not the kind of person who may do that. However, I have seen others doing that in many professional places.
Well, it's not a common thing for me to do at my workplace. I don't care about what others doing with making their private life a public knowledge, it's not something I would do.

You had a terrible situation and I also believe that people should not do this at work because they are in the same conditions and you need to share problems with someone else, although when it is not something serious, sometimes it is interesting to listen to what is happening in other people's lives

I am quite sure that it is never a great idea to discuss personal matters at work. However, many people discuss such matters during break time. it is quite noticeable and the fact remains that this is something the manager may also notice as well.

I have always been the kind of person that find it very difficult to share anything about my personal life with anyone. It doesn't even matter if it is my colleague at work, it is just a general thing with me not to share my personal life things with anyone because I love my personal privacy more than anything in this world.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back