What's new

Did you sign up for the Facebook Settlement?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Did you guys know there was a $700 Million + Class Action Settlement going on against Facebook that alleges Facebook did some nefarious stuff about user privacy, I think selling our data idk. I don't fully remember what the lawsuit is about, but I believe it's mostly about FB selling your private data to data brokers or whatever. This seems to only be for US residents though, so if you're not in the US you can't take part in this settlement. Sadly the date to sign up has closed as of August 25th. But payments for those who did sign up, should be dished out sometime in September.

Anyone with a Facebook account between May 24, 2007, and December 22, 2022 (in the US) can claim their place in this settlement. I already filled out my form months ago, because I qualify. I made my Facebook I think back in 2009, but it may have been sooner than that.

If you're interested in reading more on the settlement, you can read it below:

I know about when this lawsuit against Facebook was going on but I never followed up on it very well but I'm very happy to hear that there is a settlement for Facebook users who have been breached by the selling of users privacy by Mark Zuckerberg. I'm definitely going to sign up for the settlement because I am also qualified to get whatever they are going to pay as settlement from the lawsuit.

I had heard about this lawsuit but I was unaware that you could make a claim. It is only in the US where you can make a claim though so I am not eligible to be able to do so even though I had an account between those dates and years as I live in the UK.

Will be interesting to hear about the outcome of this lawsuit though.

I believe that the reason why it's only US Facebook users that are eligible to lay this claim was because the data Facebook used that brought the lawsuit against them was used in the US presidential election. The data they collected was only used in USA. Someone who's in Spain, Singapore, UK, Netherlands, Bahamas, and other countries can't claim anything on the case.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back