What's new

Crypto App Targeting Wallets and Banks

Goin N' Ballzdiep

Familiar Face
Aug 25, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The SharkBot malware family was first identified in October of last year, and since then, it has developed new techniques for breaking into users' Android-based bank and cryptocurrency apps. Additionally, a recently updated version of malware that targets banking and cryptocurrency software has just appeared on the Google Play market. It now has the capacity to gather cookies from account logins and get around biometric or authentication restrictions.

On Friday, Mike Stokkel, a medical intelligence analyst, and malware analyst Alberto Segura, a malware analyst, jointly posted a warning on Twitter about the most recent iteration of the virus and a link to a paper they co-authored for the Fox IT blog.

I have quoted the twitter post below:
The latest version of the virus, found on August 22, may "conduct overlay attacks, steal data through keylogging, intercept SMS messages, or offer threat actors total remote control of the host device by exploiting the Accessibility Services," according to Segura.

SharkBot has identified 22 targets, including five cryptocurrency exchanges and a number of international institutions in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Italy, according to a thorough investigation by the Italian security firm Cleafy. The previous version of the malware "relied on accessibility rights to automatically execute the installation of the dropper SharkBot malware," according to its method of attack.

However, the most recent version "requests the user to install the malware as a bogus update for the antivirus to stay protected against threats." Once installed, SharkBot can use the command "logsCookie" to steal a victim's legitimate session cookie when they sign into their bank or cryptocurrency account, bypassing any biometric or authentication measures.

This goes to show that there are apps out there that have no other purpose other than to steal your information and just because it is on the app store does not mean it is safe! Please do your own due diligence and research the apps you are downloading. Always be on edge when anything asks you to sign into your bank or any crypto wallet.

This is the reason I don't use any random app. I started using coinbase in 2016, I never used another wallet until the beginning of 2021. I even did not trust Binance in the beginning. These days I mostly use Binance.

The SharkBot malware family was first identified in October of last year, and since then, it has developed new techniques for breaking into users' Android-based bank and cryptocurrency apps. Additionally, a recently updated version of malware that targets banking and cryptocurrency software has just appeared on the Google Play market. It now has the capacity to gather cookies from account logins and get around biometric or authentication restrictions.

On Friday, Mike Stokkel, a medical intelligence analyst, and malware analyst Alberto Segura, a malware analyst, jointly posted a warning on Twitter about the most recent iteration of the virus and a link to a paper they co-authored for the Fox IT blog.

I have quoted the twitter post below:

SharkBot has identified 22 targets, including five cryptocurrency exchanges and a number of international institutions in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Italy, according to a thorough investigation by the Italian security firm Cleafy. The previous version of the malware "relied on accessibility rights to automatically execute the installation of the dropper SharkBot malware," according to its method of attack.

However, the most recent version "requests the user to install the malware as a bogus update for the antivirus to stay protected against threats." Once installed, SharkBot can use the command "logsCookie" to steal a victim's legitimate session cookie when they sign into their bank or cryptocurrency account, bypassing any biometric or authentication measures.

This goes to show that there are apps out there that have no other purpose other than to steal your information and just because it is on the app store does not mean it is safe! Please do your own due diligence and research the apps you are downloading. Always be on edge when anything asks you to sign into your bank or any crypto wallet.
This is why it is good to use trusted applications
You should not just use any kind of app

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back