What's new

Chargebacks - How do you handle them?

The issue of charge backs is very frustrating, It sort of gives customers a leverage, whether the transaction was successful or not, he/she could just work into the bank issue a complain and the money is reversed, I think the banks should do more perhaps sending an email to the owner of account informing him/her of the issues before a reversal is made.

Most Business do not accept this and they believe that you have to check out the product you are buying and after you have made payment for the particular product that you do not have to return it, well there is nothing you can do ,you only have to make sure you deliver good quality service all product.

Well I bother less about them because I know that this is inevitable once you're delivering products online. Not everyone would be satisfied.
The goal would just be to reduce the amount of charge backs one gets.

I don't think there is a special way to handle this , or you could make it as a rules and regulation that anyone who is interested to purchase your product must be very serious and that you do not encourage return of product.

If you are doing your business offline , then there shouldn't be anything like a customer returning product because they should have checked properly before taking it away from the point of purchase ,

As a shop owner. If I should address the charge back, I will rather say both the sender and the receiver will have to divide the charge back to 50/50 among ourselves.
I think it all depends on the situation of the products that the customer is returning,if the product have been unsealed but in good condition with no fault of the consumer,then one can do a refund.
As a shop owner. If I should address the charge back, I will rather say both the sender and the receiver will have to divide the charge back to 50/50 among ourselves.
I think it all depends on the situation of the products that the customer is returning,if the product have been unsealed but in good condition with no fault of the consumer,then one can do a refund.

Last edited:
IN the past, I used to receive paypal payment and I used to have a lot of chargebacks but these days, I do not accept paypal payment and the payment providers I use do not have any option for chargebacks.

IN the past, I used to receive paypal payment and I used to have a lot of chargebacks but these days, I do not accept paypal payment and the payment providers I use do not have any option for chargebacks.

I think that paypal is not a optimal option at all. In many cases, people choose to work with escrow payment system because they deal with chargebacks and allow both sellers and buyers to offer valid reasons. Unfortunately, not many people utilise this service.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back