Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$2.6175USD
Biznotes
Are certain careers in your country dominated by men or women? If so, why do you think this is?

I think that in the U.S., the reason why occupations like Construction are dominated by Men, and Nursing is dominated by Women, is due to the long term belief that those job fields are meant specifically for certain groups of people. Mainly needing strength for construction, and empathy for hospital work.

Have you ever considered advertising here in my signature? This Text Ad Location and the above Graphic Ad Location is available to advertise in.
Absolutely there are some jobs where women and men are dominating, for example in Israel we have more female teachers than male, and I think that's because women don't care to get paid less (at the beginning teachers don't earn much in Israel) and they believe that one that they can simply marry to a richer husband who will complete them wiith his money. And it also happens the other way, we have more male body builders than women, and that's because women don't like to carry heavy stuff and because society doesn't accept muscular women. It will take a lot of time until we will have gender equality in my country's works but I also think that it either won't ever happen or there will still be jobs that are dominated by a specific gender, after all men are stronger than women and women are not willing to work in all of the jobs.

Our believe as individuals is that some particular job are meant for some certain gender and we have been following the protocol but i believe things are changing nowadays and there's some slight changes , taking nursing as an example , 99% of the population of nurses are females.

Teaching and healthcare tend to be a 70% to 30% female to male ratio. I think this is because women are better at kids and taking care of people. They are able to show more caring compassion and are less likely to overlook little things.

There are some settings careers around here like law enforcement and also politics that is usually dominated by men and then there's the entertainment industry which is dominated by women.

There is no certain job that meant for one a gender so both men and women has the same career them do all job that men do, them dominated like teacher and women are many than men.

There is no certain job that meant for one a gender so both men and women has the same career them do all job that men do, them dominated like teacher and women are many than men.
Though there are no certain job or careers that's dominated by a certain gender , any gender can do any job but there at some jobs that a man can do which a woman cannot do , I hav pe never seen a female climbing an electricity pole though they work in an electricity organisation.

Are certain careers in your country dominated by men or women? If so, why do you think this is?

I think that in the U.S., the reason why occupations like Construction are dominated by Men, and Nursing is dominated by Women, is due to the long term belief that those job fields are meant specifically for certain groups of people. Mainly needing strength for construction, and empathy for hospital work.
That notion is not only in a particular region alone,it is something that has been unconsciouslly accepted globally,but from my observations the narative has started to change,because jobs like nursing,hair make-up and pedicure and manicure which has been dominated by females have seen lots of men embracing the proffession.

That notion is not only in a particular region alone,it is something that has been unconsciouslly accepted globally,but from my observations the narative has started to change,because jobs like nursing,hair make-up and pedicure and manicure which has been dominated by females have seen lots of men embracing the proffession.

Last edited:
In my home country, all professions are male-dominated but interestingly, women dominate the nursing profession. Teaching, especially in the kindergarten and junior wings is also dominated by women. fashion and beauty industry is dominated by women. Menial labor is domnated by men.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back