What's new

Can you add a second graphics card to a PC?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So this may be a dumb question, but is it possible to insert a second graphics card to a PC to get more out of it? Or would it be pointless to add an additional graphics card? I only ask because I'd love to get a bigger setup going where I have even more monitors. I want to be like those dudes who have 4-5 monitors, so I can have one playing YouTube, another for Discord, another for my main screen and other screens for maybe streaming and all that fun stuff.

Is it possible to do this? Or would it be pointless?

It's not a dumb question at all! Yes, you can add a second graphics card to your PC to support more monitors and potentially boost your gaming or multitasking performance.

Caution is to ensure that your motherboard supports it.

Some graphics card comes with multiple display output options and a single graphics card can handle multiple monitors. Since most games don't benefit from having multiple GPUs, however, a multi-GPU setup can be beneficial for professional workloads like 3D rendering and training large AI models.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back