What's new

Building an addition to a house

No I have never done that before but a friend of mine but two bedroom self contain, break it down and rebuild a duplex on that same plot of land.

People build that way. I've seen it often, when they renovate one room apartment, converting it to self contain. Such way, they're adding value to the house, because the asking price will be increased to the self contains level.

Most people do that, when they still have a lot of land that is left, baby you done additional house to the former house that they have for different reasons and different purpose most times for rent age and other times for business purpose.

It is a good idea if you buy a house and remodelled the house to your own taste. When you purchase a houses the house might not have the features you want in a house, there is nothing bad in it if you add and remove some things to make it what you want.

I have my eye on a smaller house nearby that is being sold for $36,000 right now. A great deal if you ask me, as if I buy it, I'll remodel it, but will also add an addition to the house. It has enough yard space to add extra rooms.

Has anyone here ever purchased a small place, remodeled and added to it?
If possible I have the money to buy any small house at this very moment,am very sure I will renovate the house to the very good taste of the modern house now and build some small apartment to join the building as well.

It's not a bad idea to get a house that is small and there is space to add rooms or renovate the house and enlarge building plan

I have my eye on a smaller house nearby that is being sold for $36,000 right now. A great deal if you ask me, as if I buy it, I'll remodel it, but will also add an addition to the house. It has enough yard space to add extra rooms.

It will really be a good idea to buy that house and remodel it for your purpose to suit your taste. You might have to replace a lot of things in the existing building to carry out this new remodeling work

No I haven't, but I think it will be a really brilliant idea. Especially for someone who likes to rent it out to get some passive income.

Adding an additional house and remodelling is a cool idea as it will attract more client to come search for it

Since you have plans to remodel the house and even add another extra addition, then you have to work towards being able to price the house in such a way that you will have money left to carry out this project.

Though not myself personally but my parents where once caretakers of a house and they added to the building. Though you have to consult an engineer if the building structure is strong enough to hold an additional building

These days, buildings are personalized. To taste, form, shape, and even design. Everyone gets what they want, as long as you can afford it. I think it amazing how things work now. Down to the poorest countries, you get really nice buildings.

Yes building an addition to a house is a good idea especially when you have more space in your compound, but if there is no space where you can add extra building and you discover that you leaving rooms are wider than the normal size, you can easily convert it to three bedroom flat or even four deppending on how large it is.
In addition to your house is very profitable if you really have space in your house so you have X-Trail and then it would advise but there's no space I want to advise you to do that.

My dad have done this in the past and I think it's a good thing to do if you really have the money to finance the project. It's going to allow your family to have more space to do some other activities

A lot of real estate investors have done that. That's a good idea which would bring profitability.
Once the house has been remodeled, potential clients would come in more.

Okay.
I am not into real estate now, but hopefully i will join the business soon. Remodeling the small house by adding few rooms to it is a good idea. That would increase the value of the property.

It's not a bad idea to get a house that is small and there is space to add rooms or renovate the house and enlarge building plan
True but it would be wise to consult an engineer as well to know if the pillars are strong enough to support another building or more rooms.

Yes there is nothing bad in making addition to an existing building so far it will no cause structural defects to the building.

When I had constructed an additional room beside the kitchen, it took 3 months for the 4 workers to finish including the floor tiles. But I did not submit a permit for the construction because I didn't know that it was required. Good thing that no one complained about the construction.

I believe that is the capital that you have that would help you to decide whether you can actually be able to afford purchasing this property but from the look of it it seems like a very good opportunity to buy the property if you have the money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back