What's new

Between Treasury bills and fixed deposit which one is more profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treasury bills is more profitable but the only downside is that it is risky compared to fixed deposits. Although right now some banks are giving out good annual percentage on your fixed account and some of them are actually good and they are risk free compared to treasury bill where you can easily loose your money. So I will implore you to stick to fixed deposits if you are not a risk taker,. But if you are a risk taker then you can go for treasury bill.

I think fixed deposit is more profitable than treasury bills. The reason is that treasury bills sometimes takes longer time to realise a good profit with them. Fixed deposit on the other hand doesn't take up to 12 months before you realised profits.

I have some money laying Fallow in my bank account without a reasonable profit at the end of the month. I want to know more about Treasury bills and fixed deposit interest rate
Some say treasury bills are quite risky while fixed deposit has low interest rate, so do your reservation and choose which suits you. I would have preferred if you invest the money in a business that will give you better returns that these 2 options

As for me fixed deposit depends on bank because there rates and the way the operate are different but as for treasury bills it's very risky, so you need to be very careful when you investing into treasury bills and it's also been sold to get money for the government

Fixed deposit is the less risky kind of investment but it's interest rate is not as much as that of treasury bills. There is an investment principle that I have discovered about investments being that the riskier it is, the higher the returns from the investment.

A lot has to come down to how much you even have to invest in the lot entirely. If you have a large s of money and have Times then you should consider treasury bills more but if you have a little then you would want to consider fixed deposits.

I prefer fixed deposit to treasure bill, because of its designated means of operation, funds stored in fix deposit appreciate with time and add value.

The both of them are very slow means of earning and the profit is small but I would prefer fixed deposit because the interest sometimes increase based in the time which you keep the money I'm the bank.

Since fixed deposit rates are different for banks , I will have to look very well at the rates offered by the various banks before going for his option. I don't know much at all concerning treasury bills.

The amounts of money that you have will go a long way in determining the one that will be profitable for you. Some banks minimum fixed deposits might be more than the amounts of money that you have. You can ask people who have used treasury bills before to know the options available to you.

Treasury bills are more profitable than fixed deposit because treasury bills are instruments the government uses to reduce excess money in circulation and therefore has more interest rate.

When you fixed your money in a fixed deposit account , it means you are lending money to a bank or an investment house with a promise to pay you at the expiration period while treasury bill are basically lending money to the government.

In reply to your question in the above post concerning whether you should use treasury bills and fixed deposit, well I have to say that I am hearing about treasury bills for the first time here and i would recommend fixed deposit for anyone

Fixed deposit and how you can earn from them vary very well from the bank or institution offering them but in general, treasurer bills are much more profitable.

Fixed deposit is practically risk free since there is an agreement already in place, don't know much about treasury bills prior but from what have read it has more risk attached to it compared to the fixed deposit and since it has higher risk it definitely would have a higher yield in comparison

I suggest fixed store consistently.

It's the most secure approach to bring in some cash. Obviously, you can't procure a lot immediately yet it's sans danger, more often than not. I needed to look for depository bills for this string.

From what I see, it's not thoroughly hazard free.

Thus, it's your decision. On the off chance that you go for high danger and high addition, go for depository bills. Or, in all likelihood go with fixed store.

Concerning which is more profitable between treasury bill and fixed deposit. Well, I don't know how much profit is attached to treasury bill but fixed deposit is more safe and reliable but the interest rate is very very low, it is dependent on if the individual can endure the wait

Profitability in terms of interest
The interest gained by investing in a treasury bill is definitely higher than the interest offered by bank fixed deposits. The FD Interest Rates of most banks are around 6% while the treasury bill rate for 2018 is 6.40% for 91 days, 6.52% for 182 days and 6.65% for 364 days.

I think it depends on the interest rate of one of the two, whichever one offers more interest rate will be profitable. i don't think fixed deposits are the best idea.

I think it depends on the interests which the financial bodies are offering but in a normal, I tend to prefer fixed deposits ad they are more beneficial for the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back