Not open for further replies.

Nurudeen

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 15, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have some money laying Fallow in my bank account without a reasonable profit at the end of the month. I want to know more about Treasury bills and fixed deposit interest rate

I recommend fixed deposit always.
It's the safest way to earn some money. Of course, you can't earn too much at once but it's risk free, most of the time. I had to search for treasury bills for this thread.
From what I see, it's not totally risk free.
So, it's your choice. If you go for high risk and high gain, then go for treasury bills. Or else go with fixed deposit.

I have some money laying Fallow in my bank account without a reasonable profit at the end of the month. I want to know more about Treasury bills and fixed deposit interest rate
The average yield on local treasury bills according to the IR money index has increased to 13,528% compared to 13,245% the week before last, so you can benefit from it.

I know too well about fixed deposit interest type but confused on the treasury bills type. When you put your money in the fixed deposit session you're liable to make recurring interest base on the contract duration with your bank.

I also know of fixed deposits. It is more safer than treasury bill. In fixed deposits, it depends on the amount you put in to get interest. The higher the amount you invest, he higher the interest percentage.

Fixed deposit rates depends on the bank some maybe be 15% while some maybe 20-25%
But for how long your money is out of reach, I mean I don t think you will be able to use them, right ?

fixed deposit will offer a better interest than treasury bills. but that varies between Banks so do your own research

Treasury bills, usually issued by the government for a short period of time, holders of Treasury bills will receive interest, so if you compare which one is more profitable, Treasury bills or deposits, of course, you have to pay attention to the annual interest rate. I guess the interest rate won't be that different.

Treasury bills is better as it has a better return on investment per period when compared to fixed deposits. Remember the rate of inflation when doing your calculation.

I actually don't know much about treasury bills, but from feelers I learnt its is a very good place to put money as investment.

Fixed deposit give a fixed monthly income not withstanding, treasury bills has the gives a better opportunity for reinvestment.

Treasury bills and it is also the most risky, so you need to be very careful when investing in it.
What makes treasury bills risky? It is created by the Bureau of Treasury and sold to the public to gather funds for the need of the government. It is much better than fixed deposit especially here that the rate of interest is very low. When you buy a Treasury bill you are paid the interest in advance for 6 months or 1 year depending on your choice of term. The only risk there is that you cannot withdraw your money although you can sell the T-bill to another person.

As for me fixed deposit depends on bank because there rates and the way the operate are different but as for treasury bills it's very risky, so you need to be very careful when you investing into treasury bills and it's also been sold to get money for the government

The interest gained by investing in a treasury bill is definitely higher than the interest offered by bank fixed deposits. The FD Interest Rates of most banks are around 6% while the treasury bill rate for 2018 is 6.40% for 91 days, 6.52% for 182 days and 6.65% for 364 days.

As for fixed deposits, interest rates vary from one bank to another and from one country to another, depending on how long you want to keep the money in the bank. At the moment you sign a contract for the period of time you agree and you cannot touch the capital during that period of time. In my country it can be 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. This is similar to Treasury Bills.

Treasury bills is more profitable than fixed deposit,only that treasury bills have risks in it,while fixed deposit has no risk but lesser income value.So depending on how you want your income rate to be like.

In as much I don't have much knowledge about treasury bill, I can confidently say that treasury bill is far more profitable that a fixed deposit. I don't fully support any investment that has to do with banks because it's mostly end up to be fraudulent and unprofitable on a long run. How profitable is an interest of 3-5% on a fixed deposit for a whole year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back