What's new

Are your cats and dogs good with each other?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you have a pet cat and dog, are they used to each other? They don't fight or anything? We have a cat and dog and they are used to each other, but our dog doesn't give our cat any attention, but our cat loves our dog, will sit next to her, lick her head, and so on. But our dog doesn't like it too much. Are your pets used to each other?

We have 1 dog & 2 cats. They all get along. Whenever we've gotten a new dog (we've always had cats who live longer), we had to be sure the dog was cat-friendly. Our one cat is a "mouser". She's elderly but still likes to be playful. She'll go after bugs, leaves, you name it. Well, since she always finds the best things to play with, when our dog sees her going after something, our dog follows her to see what's up :)

Whenever I have had either a cat or a dog we have always had them separately and not at the same time so I could not say if they would have got on. I would like to one day get a cat and a dog and bring them up together so that they get along through life but that will be when I have more time to dedicate to that.

Of people that I have known who have both cats and dogs, they say it does take time but that with patience, they will get along and it is always so sweet to see as well :)

It's still weird to me how some cats and dogs get so used to each other. I was always one who thought cats and dogs rarely could coexist together, but that's not clearly the case. Dog and cats of many breeds seem to get along fairly well.

Your pets sound awesome @ZandraJoi
Aww! Thank you! I think for cats, it has to do with them being used to dogs as kittens. For dogs, it's more their distinct personality. Low level dogs tend to get along better with cats than rough-housing dogs would. Our dogs have always been low-key.
Whenever I have had either a cat or a dog we have always had them separately and not at the same time so I could not say if they would have got on. I would like to one day get a cat and a dog and bring them up together so that they get along through life but that will be when I have more time to dedicate to that.

Of people that I have known who have both cats and dogs, they say it does take time but that with patience, they will get along and it is always so sweet to see as well :)
I hope you can get both a dog & cat together! I like both pets in their own ways. Cats are great for being on your lap while you can walk & if you're like me, talk lol, with your dog.

Currently, I just have a dog by the name Scott. I usually call him Scotty and the good thing is that he answers. There are some dogs that I have seen that doesn't answer their names or they hardly do so.

I don't have any cat yet but I think it's something that I'm going to get later since my mother have her own cats and I get along with them. I hope my dog gets along with the cat when I get one.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back