What's new

Are pensioners paid for life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past, I thought that pension was paid only once to the retiree. But then when my father retired, I learnt that it is paid monthly. My country is still good in paying the retireees without failure but it recently said that it will stop paying due to the economy. I just hope this does not happen and they continue paying.

I'd like to know if pensioners continue receiving payment till they die since In my country some don't receive their pensions at all which is not supposed to be that way.
In Pakistan, when a person retires from a government job, he gets a pension today for the rest of his life and he can easily live his life.And it is through them that people grow their businesses and start a business that brings them income and makes them live their lives in peace.

Yeah pensioners are supposed to be paid monthly for life in a sane society but in my country you find some pensioners not being paid at all. That is gross irresponsibility on the part of the part of the government.

Yes pension are paid for life till death. Once you have reach the age of retirement you are paid pension for life till death. And this a good idea from the pension scheme from the government.

It should be paid until one die. I mean that's what the pension is for. After decades of working, it would be nice to have money every month. The money was made by the pensioners anyway.

I'd like to know if pensioners continue receiving payment till they die since In my country some don't receive their pensions at all which is not supposed to be that way.
Yes in my country Pakistan ,pensiones get paid for life after they approve for pension. But I don't know what is the situation in other countries.

Yes of course, pensioners are paid for life and until the day they take their last breath. But unfortunately a lot of countries are still owning pensions mostly in my county Nigeria

I don't know an that buy I think they have a speculated amount they will be paid, and it also depends on the company you have worked with, some people get paid for life and some people don't depending on the sector you work with.

Yes, pentioners get paid their money for life, until the day they die. This is one major reason why a lot of people prefer working for the government than going for private firms.

In my country it is because pensioners get paid for life that people want to work with the government. After retirement, you are paid pensions till you die. But most private workplaces and insurance companies have different plans which their clients can choose such as for a particular amount of time or just a grativity or in annual basis. They would give a certain amount of money to the family if the person dies eventually.

Basically, I think its the same everywhere. Because grandpa was a retire public servant, he was paid monthly until his death.
Post automatically merged:

Basically, I think its the same everywhere. Because grandpa was a retire public servant, he was paid monthly until his death.
That's good if that's the case but I suspect it may be slightly different from country to country. The difference may also be in how it all works, all the caveats. Some people have to pay 100% into their pension while others pay a percentage and the employer tops it. In my country, if you work for the government, the government pays 50% while you pay the other half.

In the Philippines a pensioner receives his pension for life. Those pensioners aged 80 and above are required to show proof that they are still alive. They have to submit the proof of picture with signature to the bank where their pension is sent (for the ATM account). But take note that the older you get, the pension becomes less and less in value. A former colleague who is now 75 years old gets a pension of 1,500 pesos only which is about $30 which was the going rate of pension when he was 60. That means after 15 years the monthly pension will be worth peanuts.

You normally keep receiving pension for the rest of your life after your retirement, you get a percentage reduced from your salary, and the left result is your pension, you have it reduce since you are out of duty

Pension payments are made for the rest of your life, no matter how long you live, and can possibly continue after death with your spouse. ... It is not uncommon for people who take a lump sum to outlive the payment, while pension payments continue until death.

This depends on the organization where one retire from. If pensioner retire from government work, he will continue to receive pension monthly till he/she dies, but if the person retire from a private organization with a pension plan, the pension fund administrator will pay the retired worker the total pension in three or four installments.

As long as you are a good and responsible citizen of a country and have been paying tax and have no record of crime or any other fraudulent activities, obviously a good and responsible government you are actually working for shou be paying you a pension that will last forever , in my country if you're a government workers and have meet the above quality you will be paid your pension forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back