Not open for further replies.

Eyiteepraise

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Dec 17, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I'd like to know if pensioners continue receiving payment till they die since In my country some don't receive their pensions at all which is not supposed to be that way.

OMG really?! It'll obviously differ from country to country but I feel it should be similar with very subtle differences. For instance, in my country, as long as you've made your contributions, once you retire, you receive a lump sum and then smaller monthly instalments until you die. These smaller amounts are calculated based on what you earned and are enough to comfortably live on without struggling.

I'd like to know if pensioners continue receiving payment till they die since In my country some don't receive their pensions at all which is not supposed to be that way.
Yea that s how pensions are supposed to work, though if you want to start working again I think that will block you from being able to get monthly pension, I am not 100% sure but it makes sense if they find out you are working while retired.

Yes, they are meant to be paid for life. It's in the contract they signed when they were being employed. Although some governments did it difficult to maintain paying them per month.

That's basically the idea of pension scheme but it's has n't been able to achieve it's purpose in most African countries, Nigeria being a case question.
Pension scheme has so been abuse by pension management companies in collaboration with corrupt government officials who embezzle the funds meant for pensioners leaving them to wallow in penury even until their death.
It's so painful, that's one of the turnoff in government employment.

That is the way it is. Pensions are paid monthly for life. At least that is the way it should be in a very sane climate. Gratuities are paid as a lump sum just once to the retiree alive or to his family, if dead.

It's logical that they get paid until the end of their life, I mean you don't expect them to suddenly stop receiving pension at 80-90 years old when they are unable to work anymore. If someone is not receiving pension this means they haven't met the requirements set by the government

Hello, the duty is that it be so, the nation must take care that that person can enjoy a quality life since that type of tax is paid to the government, to ensure the pension, however, as you yourself commented, not at all The countries are like that, where I am is paid until he dies then the spouse of the deceased begins to collect it, until the latter dies.

OMG really?! It'll obviously differ from country to country but I feel it should be similar with very subtle differences. For instance, in my country, as long as you've made your contributions, once you retire, you receive a lump sum and then smaller monthly instalments until you die. These smaller amounts are calculated based on what you earned and are enough to comfortably live on without struggling.
Basically, I think its the same everywhere. Because grandpa was a retire public servant, he was paid monthly until his death.
Post automatically merged:

Basically, I think its the same everywhere. Because grandpa was a retire public servant, he was paid monthly until his death.

Based on your question , I will say Yes. However corruption can affect pensioners from receiving their payment. This is the main reason why most pensioners suffer .

Pensions are paid monthly till the death of the retiree, I don't expect that they be paid for life because a percentage of their salary is to be set àside as pensions, if the retiree worked x years then there should be a total amount set aside for the retiree. That amount should be paid and not paying a retiree till he dies.

Yes, pensions are made to be paid to government civil workers till time immemorial. Non stop till date do them apart, that's when pension stops. But why you're alive government will consistently pay you, your pension dues.

Where I come from pensioners struggle to get their pensions but in the developed countries pension payments are made of the rest of their life, irregardless of how long you live. In some instances your spouse can continue taking the pension funds when you die.

Where I come from pensioners struggle to get their pensions but in the developed countries pension payments are made of the rest of their life, irregardless of how long you live. In some instances your spouse can continue taking the pension funds when you die.
In some countries, pension are hard to pay. Depending the kind of government, if it's a bad government who doesn't care for the welfare of civil servants. All they care is how money will constantly enter their own pocket. That alone make's pension payment hard to get, it's pensioners struggle to make a living.

In my country they also pay it for life, and if the spouse is married, the spouse continues to collect the pension as a survivor, if they have minor children and both parents die, they are entitled to it until they come of age. When he is a government employee, they deduct a percentage from him for this purpose.

In my country they also pay it for life, and if the spouse is married, the spouse continues to collect the pension as a survivor, if they have minor children and both parents die, they are entitled to it until they come of age. When he is a government employee, they deduct a percentage from him for this purpose.
Wow this is so different from how they do it here

In my country Nigeria pensioners are paid for life your pension only stop the moment you are confirmed dead so pension is for life but am not sure of those doing contributory pension whether is for life or it stop at some point when you have exhausted your contribution

In my country Nigeria pensioners are paid for life your pension only stop the moment you are confirmed dead so pension is for life but am not sure of those doing contributory pension whether is for life or it stop at some point when you have exhausted your contribution
Oh okay thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back