advice regarding unethical business practices:

Susan06

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Nov 22, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
So a friend of mine had his employees email checked up just randomly due to domain access of office emails. It was found that he had directly contacted a client to deal just with him privately. So how would this play out, would my friend be in trouble or his employee who who took advantage from the business he was supposed to give value to

That is quite strange, i mean checking up on your employees' mails especially those that are not official addresses is unethical. I doubt there would be any trouble but to avoid situations like that it is better to open official email for all your workers.

Most of the time we need to keep an eye on the employees.

We should make them feel comfortable around us but that doesn't mean we need to be lenient when it comes to their behavior. It's better to make them understand the basic company policies.

Also, we need to track email keywords. Then we can prevent employees stealing our clients and redirecting them to some other company.

Is checking your employees emails legal? There may be very private information in there.

Well, in this case, the employee may be in trouble if the company had made legal provision for that previously.

Otherwise,it will just be a warning, since it seems no harm was done

It depends on the type of law/policy signed by the employees in your friends company, is it illegal to do outside dealings without proprietary supervision or go-ahead of the parent company. If it isn't I don't see why anybody should be in trouble. However if reverse is the case, I think that employee is the one in trouble.

Employees should regularly be admonished to follow business ethics and stringent measures should be put in place for anyone caught breaking ethics. Without following proper business ethics, many businesses would be sure to fail. Good business ethics is very fundamental to the growth and development of a business empire

To the best of mine knowledge I will say, this case should be treated with absolute care and patience because you are to view this in both individual side of view.
What must have made the staff to sabotage or compromise is job ?
What was the beginning contact with the purpose client?
Although, frankly speaking it is wrong for a boss to go into someone's privacy, it is unethical and out of bond.
Both will face sanction led by the authority of the company.

So a friend of mine had his employees email checked up just randomly due to domain access of office emails. It was found that he had directly contacted a client to deal just with him privately. So how would this play out, would my friend be in trouble or his employee who who took advantage from the business he was supposed to give value to
Unethical business practices are to be avoided by all means. they make business practices to be unprofessional and such actions can lead to serious limitation from the government. all businesses are subject to companies and allied matters acts in respect to their operations.

Organizations must research, develop, and document policies and processes around defining, identifying, and reporting ethics violations. These policies should be articulated in the employee handbook and protections should be put in place for those who raise ethical issues. However, having a policy is not enough. You must practice what you preach. Case in point: Years ago, the Enron Corporation was known to have one of the most intricate ethics policies in the country.
Post automatically merged:

Organizations must research, develop, and document policies and processes around defining, identifying, and reporting ethics violations. These policies should be articulated in the employee handbook and protections should be put in place for those who raise ethical issues. However, having a policy is not enough. You must practice what you preach.

Show Employees Appreciation

Steadfast representatives feel that an organization esteems the difficult work they put into achieving undertakings consistently. A dependable worker is more averse to act deceptively. Show appreciation to laborers consistently to empower dedication. Consider offering an additional three day weekend for each quarter or year to top entertainers or establishment a reward program in the business division to compensate difficult work.

In recent weeks, I have had several conversations with school personnel directors about the importance of building ethical cultures and practices. Leaders in all industries face issues concerning unethical behavior and can learn from each other about how best to tackle these situations. Here are seven practices to help prevent unethical actions in any organization:

That is unethical behavior this kind of behavior need to be properly dealt with. It is wrong to divert a business or a client that is not ours to another business. Well your friend will be dealt based on laxity.
Well this is totally wrong.

your friend is in trouble and his offence is that has poached a potential client in the company premises, using the company tools and that is against the law. The boss has every right to check upr's performance anytime.

As much as it's unethical to check employee's email, that employee was wrong. What he did is totally out of line and your friend is better off such employees, they will ruin his business and set up theirs after convincing the customers to their side. Your friend should explain how he saw the emails, apologize and confront the employee so that he won't repeat such.

Unethical business practices are to be avoided by all means. they make business practices to be unprofessional and such actions can lead to serious limitation from the government. all businesses are subject to companies and allied matters acts in respect to their operations.
I concur with you on this because it is unprofessional to deal with people in business in an unethical manner as this may put the integrity of such business at stake. So in that case the case should be treated as breach of company's trust.

That practice from your friend employee is very unethical and sound very bad to hear. If your friend is not cautious of such employee they can go at any length to bring someone's Business to establish their own. If an employee isn't loyal to a company there is no need to keep such person

That is quite strange, i mean checking up on your employees' mails especially those that are not official addresses is unethical. I doubt there would be any trouble but to avoid situations like that it is better to open official email for all your workers.
You are right here. It very unethical to be spying on employees private emails. Legal action could be taken against you. You have rightly said, it is better to create official emails for all your staff and can be monitored.

Tell your friend to report to the appropriate section of the company to take up the matter. the reason is that he is going to get implicated over time when the secret exposed. Your friend should gather all the necessary evidence and presenting to the right section of the company so that you will not lose his jobs in the nearest future. The quicker your friend take action the better.

Things that we tagged unethical are those things that could bring business down. They are unprofessional thing. Such as, eating in the business premises is unethical, also, arguing unnecessarily is unethical, dating a fellow is unethical to some companies. So companies must avoid them at all means.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back