What's new

A professional footballer should retire at what age?

Football governing body up until now didn't specify retirement age for professional footballers which in turn makes some professional players play football at an old age like Buffon and Ibrahimovic while some younger players are denied of playing time. I think players should retire at the of 35 years.
If the football governing is to give a retirement age, what age would you suggest?
There should be no age specified for footballers to retire in as much they can still play well and contribute to their team.

Hmmm a professional footballer should be considering retirement from 40-45 years of age it depends on how strong and effective the footballer is.

A soccer player can retire when the body refuses to carry on. If not that, i believe some footballers would be willing to play till end of time.

Gianluigi Buffon is over 40 and is still playing yet Ryan Mason retired at the age of 29. Some even retired at 22. It depends hugely on the physical and mental capability of anyone involved. Motivation is equally important.

There is no specific retirement age for footballers. Footballers retire at different age. Footballers retired when their performances has called below standard or when they are not physically fit to play the game for the required minutes on the field of play.

A footballer should retire when he feels he can't go on any more or if he has other plans with life, I think 35 years is not too bad to retire ass footballer although the are some who played last that year even past 40 years

Now and days, we see footballers like buffon still play past the age of 40. Ronaldo at 36 still dominating the Seria A. I can conclude that the age of retirement should be 40

you need not to have a particular to age to choose as a retirement age but anytime as long as you have the resources to sustain your existence.

I don't think footballers should have a retireement age,being that the physiques and biologilical make up of individuals matters.Some can still be strong at age 40 and some at 30 can start depriciating.If your strength can carry you it's ok.

A professional foobptballer should retire between the age of 40 -42years in my own opinion because players of such age always pick and get injures everytime, so the best thing to do in that age is to join the coaching crew,

When it comes to the top-flight of football, it's no secret that the sums of money in the modern game are ridiculous. But what happens when a footballer decides to retire from the game? Is it as easy as spending the rest of their lives living off their good fortune?

I have been watching football for quite a long time now and have realised that footballers normally start declining at the age of 32. As such, I believe the ideal age to retire should be around 34 or 35. But nonetheless everyone has a different body system.

It's very serious issue concerning this retirement age patirly like 35 you should quit and retire playing football for your health and prestige .

There is no fixed age a footballer retires, it depends on how well such athlete has managed his body. Football is about strength most times and when you feel your body can handle it anymore, one could retire and venture into other things because footballers still retire young

I think in sport you retire when your body tells you to, every engine being the heart are to built the same, if a was to be a footballer I would have retired at the age of 28

There is no specific number of or age for a footballer to retire as far as with the availability of his resources and control he can retire at the time it pleases him because I believe every one work or engage himself in one thing or the other for money.

During their career, football players fall into many injuries. The efforts the sport requires usually don't suit after their forties. My husband says this career ceases around 35 years old as there's no way to deal with such training and effort during too many years, as getting older.

on my suggestion I think 40 years should be okay because that should be a normal age for footballers to retire because they may not have the physical strength to continue again and they should try and set up everything to enjoy their retirement age after 40 years.

Everyone know that football age I quite different from the real age but if we are talking about the real age, I think a professional footballer should be planning to retire at the age of 37-40. This depends on how long he has been playing.

For players who usually keep fit always eg Ronaldo and goalkeepers usually at the garage of 35-41... But for normal players who have suffered series of career threatening injuries, they usually retire at the maximum age of 35 or lower. Some players even retire as early as 26.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back