Youtube will be adding direct way to buy youtubers merch

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 19, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
As we all know, there are a lot of youtubers that are selling their merchandise (different products with their youtube channel's name or logo on them).
The issue in this is that youtubers have to refer their viewers to another platform where they can buy the merchandise from.
Youtube decided recently to add a way where viewers can buy directly a specific youtuber's merchandise without having to move to another platform or website to do it, by simply doing that in Youtube directly.

Can you elaborate on the way of how YouTube will be doing the selling directly inside YouTube? If you care to know, YouTube is a depository of videos and not an e-commerce site. So if I post a video and I include a marketing spiel of a product that I am selling then the viewer may want to see where the product is sold so I would include the link of my website or the link of the e-commerce. I cannot see the role of YouTube in that instance of the viewer seeing my product in my video.

As we all know, there are a lot of youtubers that are selling their merchandise (different products with their youtube channel's name or logo on them).
The issue in this is that youtubers have to refer their viewers to another platform where they can buy the merchandise from.
Youtube decided recently to add a way where viewers can buy directly a specific youtuber's merchandise without having to move to another platform or website to do it, by simply doing that in Youtube directly.
Sounds like youtube will add feature wherein you gotta stay on to buy without leaving the site. Another profiting strategy for youtube👏 Shopping cart icon isa waving on you 😅

I would really like to see how this would work out though. There are a a few restrictions that I would like to see how YouTube will handle them. There's the protection to buyers and sellers, will YouTube act as an escrow or just allow things flow between both parties? It's will also actually take jobs from affiliate marketers as the revenue will now go to YouTube.

Actually it was required and we should appreciate them on their steps. Everyone wants to stay People connected to his platform, and in that case why youtube will give that opportunity to others to get his viewers to their platforms leaving them. It would be a nice move to generate a good revenue by youtube and go facilitate it's users in case or merch.

I would really like to see how this would work out though. There are a a few restrictions that I would like to see how YouTube will handle them. There's the protection to buyers and sellers, will YouTube act as an escrow or just allow things flow between both parties? It's will also actually take jobs from affiliate marketers as the revenue will now go to YouTube.

Organize your merch shelf for individual videos
  1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
  2. In the left menu, click Content.
  3. Click on the video where you want to customize your merch shelf.
  4. In the left menu, click Monetization.
  5. Click the Merchandise tab. ...
  6. Click Organize on the “Status" card.
  7. Drag, drop, and order up to 12 items

It will help channel to grow fast with minimum efforts and investment. ways to build opportunities for more content creators on their platform.

That is a very nice idea for content makers and YouTube channel owners. Even with this new deve it's not really necessary for someone to have Google AdSense on his or her channel for them to make money from YouTube so far they themselves have what they can produce and sell to their audience

Can you elaborate on the way of how YouTube will be doing the selling directly inside YouTube? If you care to know, YouTube is a depository of videos and not an e-commerce site. So if I post a video and I include a marketing spiel of a product that I am selling then the viewer may want to see where the product is sold so I would include the link of my website or the link of the e-commerce. I cannot see the role of YouTube in that instance of the viewer seeing my product in my video.
I guess YouTube will make a separate website for the merchandise and it will be connected to their YouTube channel and it will be suggested to the viewers of the youtuber perhaps at the end of every videos.

it's pretty easy, Merch won't be stored in some places that belong for youtube lol, youtube will be just used as a platform for people that will buy the merches, and the youtuber will take care of the rest

I don't understand, won't the feature link to some other website where you can place orders on the type of merch you want?, if not that is a good feature and I think you tubers will find that helpful and profitable.

I don't understand, won't the feature link to some other website where you can place orders on the type of merch you want?, if not that is a good feature and I think you tubers will find that helpful and profitable.
it makes no sense to add a button that redirects to other website, as youtubers were doing that already by placing links in the description box, it will be simple to use, you will be placing orders from youtube instead of the other websites where you were supposed to buy merch

This is actually a great development for YouTube content posters and channel owners for them to be able to buy YouTube merchandise without having to leave YouTube.

Yes it is really good to have merch option so you can promote your products and I would better prefer to external source to do so to avoid Google from whole sales as you never rely on Google.

If that is the case, then it is an interesting innovation by YouTube. But I still will really need a more clearer explanation for you please on how his works

This can be possible as if Youtube is service of Google then Youtube can purpose from Google advertise your youtube channel on google adsense and getting subscribers from visitors that are gotten from Google Ads or may Youtube add possibility of advertise your channel on Youtube ads so everything seems possible.

If this is true then, it's a very good news for affiliate marketers. YouTube is one of the methods in which people can promote their product and get a lot of sales. It is also very good for people who have YouTube channel that has a good traffic volume.

This is a welcome development, merchandise sales from different page was not easy, trying to link your viewers outside your channel,now affiliate marketing will not be that difficult.

It's a welcomed idea for innovation and it will also create an avenue for content creators to earn more through monetizing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back