Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you seen this message on YouTube recently?
1697644198335.png

It's a popup letting you know that you will be blocked out after watching 3 videos if you do not turn off your ad blocker or try YouTube premium. Otherwise it looks like people are going to outright be blocked from accessing the site if you use ad blockers. I have ad blockers, but haven't seen this exact message yet. I saw another message that YouTube doesn't allow the use of adblockers and to please turn it off, and they also mention it's now in their terms of conditions that ad blockers are not allowed to be used on YouTube.

Will this stop you from using ad blockers? Or will ad blockers get more sophisticated to the point they will just block these pop-ups and auto blocks?

I think that ad blockers can become more sophisticated but at the same time Youtube and other platforms will also do it to combat them, I don't use AdBlock to use Youtube, but ads indeed get too annoying sometimes, and they're getting longer, but on the other hand it's the way Youtube makes money and you have to understand that these measures are necessary to maintain the platform.

They are plastering ads all over the whole social media. It's done on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and the rest of them. They are making it a force now that their service users must watch ads or become cut off. Do we have any other choice?

The reason why I believe YouTube is doing whatever they are doing is simply because there is no other video streaming platform that gives people exactly what YouTube provides them. It is reason why they are trying to force people's hands by making them not to use ad-blockers. If there is another streaming platform that is as good as YouTube, I don't think they're going to be doing this.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back