What's new

Poll XenForo -VS- Invision, Which Do You Use or Prefer?

XenForo VS Invision

• Xenforo

• Invision Community

Results are only viewable after voting.

kensonplays

Familiar Face
Sep 20, 2023
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I use XenForo since it's cheaper than Invision. I cannot afford a $500 first-year membership, that's out of my budget. $85/yr to renew XenForo is much more budget-friendly for professional forum software.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to using Invision Community. I do like how a lot of stuff that's an add-on for XenForo is built-in to IC, like Blogs, Articles, and Pages (of which there is no similar page builder on XenForo, only HTML custom code or BBCode).

I have the following 3 questions for you all:
  1. Which do you PREFER to use?
  2. Which do you ACTUALLY use?
  3. Which do you WANT to use, if you can't afford paid solutions?

Costly does not mean it is the best. I prefer Discourse. Miles ahead of Xenforo and Invision.

They have features that paid software is not even planning to add.

It's always going to be in your best interest to make use of the kind of forum software that best suits your need. It doesn't matter everyone is making use of a particular forum software, they have their own reason for their choice. It's the same thing that you should do as well. Personally, I want to use Xenforo and it's been what I have been making use of.

I have no experience with using both of these software as an admin, I have experience as a staff and I have used Xenforo more than Invision. Based on my experience, Xenforo is superior to Invision. It has a clean interface, it runs superfast. BY the way, I prefer to use open source like SMF and MyBB

Costly does not mean it is the best. I prefer Discourse. Miles ahead of Xenforo and Invision.

They have features that paid software is not even planning to add.

I have seen and used forums set up using Discourse forum software and they look very good. I haven't considered using it yet because I'm very good with using Xenforo for years. I have never had any need to switch over to using another software for Discourse to come up as an option.

I have worked with both Xenforo and Invision both as a member and as an admin and I enjoy using both of them as an admin and as a member but I find that Xenforo is more affordable for myself than Invision at the moment.

If I was making quite a bit from my sites, Invision would be something I would consider but Xenforo works for what I need it for.

I have no experience with using both of these software as an admin, I have experience as a staff and I have used Xenforo more than Invision. Based on my experience, Xenforo is superior to Invision. It has a clean interface, it runs superfast. BY the way, I prefer to use open source like SMF and MyBB

Xenforo is definitely going to be my first favorite. I have worked as an administrator using Xenforo and Invision community. You're right about how good Xenforo is when it comes to working from the software backend. It's far more better than anything that I have used so far.

I've never used Xenforo or Invision, but I've heard a lot of good reviews of Xenforo and almost every forum I've worked on was licensed by Xenforo, so I think I'd choose Xenforo.

Voted for Xenforo in the poll

I tried to use Invision as an admin and it didn't work as well as I wanted to - I remember the setup for the forums themselves was clunky and difficult, and so I abandoned the project. I also worked on an Invision forum that kept breaking because of bad Invision technical support. The Rich Text Editor for that forum was hard to use.

I've had a smooth experience as a mod on Xenforo for two different forums, and based on that I vote for Xenforo as the superior software. But even that isn't flawless - on Xenforo, I keep running into user permission issues. This suggests that the user permissions section may be hard to use and easy to create problems with. I haven't tried this myself, however.

Discourse costs $300/month for anything practical, and is an entirely different animal. It's designed for informal forums and small tight-knit communities, not larger, expanded research repositories. Xenforo and Invision put the emphasis on the categories of knowledge available to users, but Discourse puts a heavy emphasis on topics and people instead.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back