What's new

Xbox wants to block third party controllers? What do you think of this?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
There has been news spreading about Microsoft and Xbox wanting to ban the use of unauthorized third party Xbox controllers. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I sure hope that by unauthorized they mean the ones not approved by Xbox themselves. I think some third party controllers will work, but we'll see. The main reason they're doing this, is because there are third party devices that can connect to Xbox consoles that in turn allows you to use a mouse and keyboard combo. That's not the problem really, it's because these devices trick the console into thinking there is an Xbox controller inserted.

I didn't know this, but with cross play, they put controller players in their own lobbies while mouse and keyboard players go to another set of lobbies. These players are essentially trying to circumvent this with these devices so they can play against controller players. Mouse and keyboard is said to give you better accuracy than a controller, so using this device gives you an upper hand.

Read more on it here

I have heard this news, but I have no opinion about it because I don't use xbox. I did try Xbox a couple of times (at my friend's house) but I am basically a PlayStation user. I don't know how third party controllers actually works with xbox.

It doesn't really bother me. I understand why they're doing it. They don't want third party companies putting garbage on their consoles and I can't say that I blame them. From my experiences with using those types of controllers is that a lot of them are hit and miss. I'd rather buy a good quality one for 50 dollars if need be.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back