What's new

Will governments try to kill bitcoin?

No government can kill Bitcoin. They have tried severally and has failed. Now they are trying to use banks to intimidate people trading with crytocurrency.
Especially here in Nigeria, the case is so serious.

Many countries and government have come to recognize Bitcoin as a good innovation.
So instead of killing it, I think they would rather try to regulate it
Hoping this could be the case of Mercosur countries, as during this period Mercosur governments are in the way to regulate cryptocurrency. Binance is participating in the Brazilian Congress meetings at this purpose. Hoping this could help cryptocurrencies to easily circulate among Mercosur countries.

I will say it all depends on the type government in Power. Although most government think and believe crypto currency most especially Bitcoin ethereum, litecoin, altcoin and ripple are illegal transaction. There are still some few government who still support crypto currency and it growth.

Some government might try to kill bitcoin. They might see it as a threat to their countries economy. They might feel their citizens may stop using flat currencies totally and instead go for bitcoin.

I don't think government will kill bitcoin because we are in a digital age, most of of world's top government officials are investing their cash in bitcoin to make quick money, they are also using it to save their money.

Bitcoin has come to stay there is nothing government can do about it. Bitcoin will continue to flourish as more and more people are investing into the cryptocurrency. If only the government can think deeper cryptocurrency has been helping to eliminate unemployment among the youth in any country.

With the popularity gained by bitcoin, it will be very difficult for the government of a country to kill the bitcoin. The digital currency has come to stay and it will remain so for long because the bitcoin surpassed human imaginations.

Of course, government wants what it can control; and bitcoin and other currencies do not afford them this option. That's the major reason why a lot of them are clamping down on the activities of individuals that are engaging in crypto transactions.

No one can kill the bitcoin because the digital assets is now the best assets in the world. It's the fastest growing assets in the world and so many People are keying into the opportunities.

Whether we like it or not, nobody can kill Bitcoin. Bitcoin is here to stay and a lot of people will benefit from it. Regardless of what the government think or say. I think there is nothing they can do. Some countries have banned it, but the truth is it is still accessible.

Well only if they are saying that cryptocurrency is causing a lot of trouble in the world , a lot of world government may decide to banned it.. well some government don't see anything wrong with cryptocurrency while other governments sees it as illegal activities.

There is no reason that will make government of any country feel threatened by the use of Bitcoin. I mean here in my country, even banks are getting involved in making use of Bitcoin to process certain payments. So, it is here to stay and not going off any time soon.
If I may ask, which country are you from? The ban from China, mining factories threatened to be shut down by the government, USA trying to impose tax on crypto should be an indication of how the government wants to control crypto because they feel threatened by it.

I share in your opinion. It is possible that the governments of some countries are not happy about the existence of bitcoin and will want to do everything possible to stop its existence as we have seen some governments try to ban the use of crypto. My take though.

I dont think they have try that before and it will not be done even in the future. The reason behind this is because I believe the federal government of every country most in one form or the other derive benefit from the operation of bitcoin.
I dont think the government can kill the operation of bitcoin even though it's a threat to most of the economies but they dont have the chance of killing it, they only advise on the dangers of investment.

Last edited:
I don't know when the world government will team up together to ban cryptocurrency , what I really know is that there are some countries that won't even like to see cryptocurrency because they do not believe in cryptocurrency , they just consider it as an illegal currency.

Somany government in several countries has made attempts to ban crypto currencies trading activities but all to no avail. The only thing they have succeeded in doing is cripple the flow of funds in and out of our bank account so as to discourage us but the systems operate in a decentralized system hence they can't stop it.

I don't think that government can kill bitcoin because I don't see any reason why them should do that, but we all know that government have the power to do anything if actually them want.

Government fear since they don't have control over. This is the reason why you see them trying all their best just to eradicate cryptocurrency because it is decentralized. Since they can't have control over is the next option for them is to destroy it.

Yes the different governments of the world have tried to kill it's spread and acceptance because they feel threatened by not able to totally control it.

Yes, the government can kill the operation of bitcoin. When ever the government of every country of the world decides to ban the operation of bitcoin, definitely bitcoin will collapse and will not be patronize.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back