What's new

Why are first party controllers so expensive now?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Back in the day controllers weren't so pricey, but then again, with each new console release it feels as if they have to raise it up a bit. Last few years new controllers have been priced around $60 for the newer standard controllers, but if you want a special pro controller, it will sometimes cost you double. I don't get why that is, but hey, they gotta make you spend all of your money haha.

Anyway, do you think they're a bit overpriced these days? I have been purchasing third party controllers as of late as they're cheaper and sometimes more reliable depending. Last 3 or 4 Xbox One controllers I owned have always gone through the usual analog drift. But the PowerA Pro controller I bought, hasn't had that issue with that yet. I have two of those controllers. They are a bit pricey at like $80 at release, but the prices should have dropped down a lot on them in recent years. Also check out PowerA if you want to get cheaper controllers that are also authorized by Nintendo, Xbox and Sony.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back