What's new

What's the minimum amount needed to start an investment?

$5 or $5000, it all depends on your spending capacity and more so how much you will safely digest to lose. Yep. there is a saying one should not invest what he can afford to lose. This is truer in the case of people above 45 that have lesser chances to recover from their losses.

I think $1,000 is the minimum amount needed to invest in any good business as of now. This is the minimum about which is indeed needed to start the smallest business you can imagine. In fact, even this amount might not be sufficient if a situation comes where you would require to handle additional expenses.
The minimum amount needed to start up a business is 1000 of 2000 dollars with this amount it will be enough for you to run a simple and a small scale business effectively.

$5 or $5000, it all depends on your spending capacity and more so how much you will safely digest to lose. Yep. there is a saying one should not invest what he can afford to lose. This is truer in the case of people above 45 that have lesser chances to recover from their losses.

I believe the $5 amount you mentioned was just hypothetical and not real for obvious reasons. I do agree that it all depends on the skills of the individual who invests money and profits also depend a lot on luck. And i do not think that being cautious is only restricted to people above 45 as you mentioned. All people who invested money should be cautious.

Reactions: Ray
I believe the $5 amount you mentioned was just hypothetical and not real for obvious reasons. I do agree that it all depends on the skills of the individual who invests money and profits also depend a lot on luck. And i do not think that being cautious is only restricted to people above 45 as you mentioned. All people who invested money should be cautious.
I am serious when I say one can start investing from $5 or 10. For instance, I invested $10 in Forex and lost all of it within no time. It was like when I checked my account after 30-40 minutes the money had already disappeared and the system was asking me to deposit more to keep my account alive. That was the only time I did any investment in Forex.

For the profit of the investment you can make a mental computation of earning 10% up to 20% of your investment. That means if you will invest $5 then you can earn 50 cents up to 1 dollar. Investing $1,000 can earn you more, right But the risk is higher because that $1,000 can also be on the losing side.

It is the investment you wish to start that would determine how much you will put in a business for example starting a school would require at least $3,000-$5,000 if you want a standard school then like that

I have been planning to invest for a while now but I don't have any idea on how I'd go about. I'd love if you guys shed more light on this. Thank you
There's no particular amount of money needed to start an investment , it all depends on your purse, you can start investing with any amount depending on the rules laid down by the investment company.

For the profit of the investment you can make a mental computation of earning 10% up to 20% of your investment. That means if you will invest $5 then you can earn 50 cents up to 1 dollar. Investing $1,000 can earn you more, right But the risk is higher because that $1,000 can also be on the losing side.

Unfortunately, not all the businesses can be started with a low amount of money. I have been struggling to make money offline (and online as well) so I do realize that you have to risk a lot of capital to make money. I have seen businesses getting failed despite the fact the owner invested a moderate amount of money. Each and every business carries risk.

Well as the word investment comes in play there is actually no minimum or maximum amount for investment it's just that it's should be done with caution as to only invests what you are okay losing.
Post automatically merged:

Well as the name implies investment it's plays that there is actually have no minimum or actually maximum amount of fund you can invest in.

Actually in my own opinion it should be depending on the type of businesses you will be doing and the market demand at a point so I might be going with $1000 it should be able to provide one with a solid start .

I have been planning to invest for a while now but I don't have any idea on how I'd go about. I'd love if you guys shed more light on this. Thank you
I believe you must have gotten enough suggestion by now, on investment you can inVest in. My advise is do not put all your fruit in one basket.

Sincerely as a new investor which you are I'll advise you start with what you have, all the big investors we have now all started from small. Though some can be very capital intensive, you can avoid them for now.
When we talk about maximum capital to startup and investment this all depend on the individual and the kind of investment he or she want to start up this will determine the amount to start up such business.
Post automatically merged:

Sincerely as a new investor which you are I'll advise you start with what you have, all the big investors we have now all started from small. Though some can be very capital intensive, you can avoid them for now.
It will depend on the kind of investment you want to start up if it is a small-scale investment you can start up with at least $1000 but if it is a large-scale investment you can start up with 10000 to 20000 dollars.

Last edited:
It will totally depend on the kind of investment you are reffering to. Some Investments require that you start With just $10 to start seeing profits.

The minimum amount needed for investment depends on the investment itself. Just like for example investing in stocks requires just $20 to get started while that $20 can't be enough to start investing in real estate business

It depends upon the type of financial assets that you wish to enter into, it is actually constantly recommended to spend the quantity of cash that you could pay for to shed.
There's no specific quantity for financial assets, you select the quantity that you could purchase the financial assets, it is a choice that you create.

There is no particular amount that must be a minimum for you to go into investments. The nurture of the business you investing in will determine what the minimum should be.
I beleieve you don't need a specific amount to start an investment , its adbiseabke to start with the little amount you have currently bevause its not adviseable to borrow money to invest.

The nature of investment matters , with $2 you can invest in hyips and with a minimum of $10 you can invest in cryptocurrencies and if you are lucky the $10 could turn $100 in matter of months

It depends on the kind of business you are opting. I think a person needs a few thousand dollars to start crypto trading or forex trading to earn money. The more you invest, the more you earn.

It depends on the type of business you'll like to invest in and how stable and Sunday the business is.
Also another factor is how much you have to invest, because you certainly can't invest what you don't have.
The amount you are willing to invest on the business depends on how the business looks like , for example if the business is stable , I will prefer investing one third of my money.

Any business that generates $1 on $5 investment is a really good business. However, I am not aware of any business that generates such a big amount ofn money. The only business I can think of is crypto trading, however, it also has its own risks.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back