What's new

What's the legality of AI Art and the Art used to make it?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I would like to take advantage of the cool AI art that has been coming out this past year. Ever since AI tools have popped up, like Dal-E Mini, or some of the more advanced ones, it made me wonder about the legality of it. Since AI Art uses things from all over the web to create an image, that means it could be utilizing art styles of famous artists, and in turn, could be taking actual art from others.

I don't know if it's legal or not, it could be considered transformative, but I feel like it also takes away from the real art. idk. Do you think it'd be a bad idea to try and make money off of AI art?

You can use it for whatever you wish. I know plenty of people who are using it to sell shirts. They have the AI generate them something and then get a t-shirt print vendor to mass print the shirts and sell them. It is completely legal as of right now.

If you have the rights to use these tools, I don't see anything illegal about you trying to make some few bucks for yourself. It's if you're using a plagiarized tool, you'll consider yourself in danger.

I would like to take advantage of the cool AI art that has been coming out this past year. Ever since AI tools have popped up, like Dal-E Mini, or some of the more advanced ones, it made me wonder about the legality of it. Since AI Art uses things from all over the web to create an image, that means it could be utilizing art styles of famous artists, and in turn, could be taking actual art from others.

I don't know if it's legal or not, it could be considered transformative, but I feel like it also takes away from the real art. idk. Do you think it'd be a bad idea to try and make money off of AI art?
The artwork itself is probably covered by copyright laws, and the artificial intelligence that was utilized to create the artwork might possibly be covered by patent laws. AI-generated art may possibly qualify for moral rights standards in some places.

You can use it for whatever you wish. I know plenty of people who are using it to sell shirts. They have the AI generate them something and then get a t-shirt print vendor to mass print the shirts and sell them. It is completely legal as of right now.
A lot of people are already making use of it already and I think it is not a bad idea but it will just to reduce the creativity of everybody because you need to be creative and own your designs

There is no law governing AI art. However, you might see the terms of use regarding AI art on almost al;l platforms where you can generate art. These rules will tell you what you can do and what you cannot do, whether you can share commercially or not. There are also rules related to AI art on the platforms where you want to share this art. AI art is a new concept and a lot of websites have not made any rules, though.

There is no particular law that has kicked against using of artificial intelligence generated artwork. This means that provided that you are the one who generated the art then you can be able to use it and you can as well sue anybody who use it without your permission. Artificial intelligence is becoming a growing sector and you can expect a lot of such issues to appear in the near future.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back