What's new

What was the most unexpected challenge faced while managing your forum?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you've run forums, you know things can come up and put a wrench in your life. And sometimes it can happen with your forums. What was some of the most unexpected challenges faced while managing a forum? For me, there was one incident that bugged me. I wasn't a forum I owned, but it was a site I worked for and I was responsible for customer support, moderation of their forum, and did some other backend stuff. Anyway, there was an issue between users that resulted in one user coming from another site, bad mouthing the user, telling him to die, messed up stuff.

I warned the user multiple times to stop, they didn't, so I banned them. But, they kept coming back with new names, using multiple emails. The system we had couldn't stop it, so I had to ban and delete each new account this guy made. Was annoying and caused me a ton of stress and anxiety. Have you ever been presented with a challenge on your forum? How did you deal with it?

When I started creating forums I though it would be easier to earn from forums as forums would have registered users who will not only bring traffic but also engagements on ads for me to earn a good revenue. But sadly, this is not happening. Bringing users who post regularly on the forum is a great challenge.

When I started creating forums I though it would be easier to earn from forums as forums would have registered users who will not only bring traffic but also engagements on ads for me to earn a good revenue. But sadly, this is not happening. Bringing users who post regularly on the forum is a great challenge.
Yeah bringing in new users is one thing, keeping them around and posting is another challenge. A lot of people who sign up for forums, don't even interact with them. I've found countless members who joined up on my forums, maybe made one post or none, and peaced out. It comes down to creating a forum that brings about conversation and interaction among your userbase. It's not easy to keep a forum active, but it can be done.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back