What's new

What made ethereum so popular?

Ethereum got very popular in 2020 when a smart contract emerged and people tried to earn quick using ethereum. So far it has proven to be worthy of investments. Late last year ethereum recorded its highest percentage increase with more than 50%. It’s also a good alternative to bitcoin cause it’s not expensive and can serve as long term investment
Yeah between December 15 to second week of January 2021, the percentage rise in ethereum was above 50%, smart contract remain the backbone for ethereum I hope more of it continues.

Ethereum was made popular due to the high cost of Bitcoin. So since a lot of Investors are looking for undervalued coin they resorted to started buying Ethereum into their portfolio. From there a whole lots of Investors knows about the coin and it has rise up to $1,200 as at today since it was launched.

This was launched in July of 2015, ethereum is the largest and most well-established, open-ended decentralized software platform. Moreso, it enables the deployment of smart contracts and decentralized applications (dapps) to be built and run without any downtime, fraud, control or interference from a third party.

The future of ethereum isnt always Bright but ethereum rcovers quickly.the other reason could be the fast speed of transaction compared to the other cryptocurrencies.overall bitcoin still continues to dominate the cryptocurrencies market.

With the skyrocketing of bitcoin price and lots of people feeling that they have missed out on buying bitcoin as the price seems out of reach, people have to move to the next coin that showed good potential, and that was how ethereum surge came about.

Bitcoin is the very first and the father of all cryptocurrencies, but recently there's a huge surge in price of ethereum. Could this be as a result of more people adopting ethereum??
I think ethereum popularity was as a result of being a second frequently used cryptocurrency ,because of it suitable Environment which support other tokens or coins to be built on it's platform .this is why we have many Erc_20 tokens today .

Bitcoin is the very first and the father of all cryptocurrencies, but recently there's a huge surge in price of ethereum. Could this be as a result of more people adopting ethereum??
Yes
Post automatically merged:

With the skyrocketing of bitcoin price and lots of people feeling that they have missed out on buying bitcoin as the price seems out of reach, people have to move to the next coin that showed good potential, and that was how ethereum surge came about.
That can be said

Yeah between December 15 to second week of January 2021, the percentage rise in ethereum was above 50%, smart contract remain the backbone for ethereum I hope more of it continues.
If more of it continues it will give way for people who weren't able to buy bitcoins when it first started

If more of it continues it will give way for people who weren't able to buy bitcoins when it first started
Ethereum was made popular due to the high cost of Bitcoin. So since a lot of Investors are looking for undervalued coin they resorted to started buying Ethereum into their portfolio. From there a whole lots of Investors knows about the coin and it has rise up to $1,200 as at today since it was launched.
And that's a very good thing

Last edited:
For me I think ethereum is popular cause of the low transaction fees, but bit coin is still the father of all cryptocurrencies. So far ethereum has shown to be worthy of investments but still bitcoin has proven to be better than other Cryptos.

The price of bitcoin has dropped again but notwithstanding, ethereum is very much prefered to bitcoin Investment now because the strong resistance in bitcoin now shows that the price may not reach $50k easily so Investing in it now may not be profitable.

Smart contract and Defi being two major factors in upsurging the popularity of Ethereum.However this popularity of the coin has not directly impact positively on Ethereum market value at the moment.One would think the price will skyrocket with it's found fame.

The progress and development of cryptocurrency depends upon the users, you can take example of Bitcoin, now millions of users are investing in Bitcoin and its worth is increasing day by day.
same is the case with ethereum, as the people are investing and trading with ethereum its popularity will increase and its price will also enhance.

The success of bitcoins brought about the popularity of ethereum, after seeing how bitcoins skyrocket many people wanted to invest but couldn't because of it's high value so they invested in ethereum believe it will pick up like bitcoin

having one of the goto blockchain when it comes to building erc20 based tokens makes it an attraction any day to other blockchain projects. Also being that it was one of the very first coins that came put after bitcoins has made it retain its popularity in the market.

Ethereum is a crypto currency as well as platform to develop applications. Ethereum platform can be used to create new crypto assets. As a crypto currency, Ethereum is the second biggest crypto currency after bitcoins in terms of price and market cap. Etereum is the first alt coin (alternative to bitcoins) to be developd.

I feel what made Etherum popular is the fact that a lot of people started adopting it. There might be also other reasons too, but I feel one of the major reasons is the massive adoption.
An infinite number of custom digital assets called ERC-20 tokens can also be provided by the Ethereum network . Over the years, an estimated number of more than 200,000 ERC-20 tokens have been developed, showing clearly how transformative Ethereum was for the whole blockchain ecosystem.That makes ethereum popular overtime!

The popularity if Ethereum came as a result of the fact that it was only Bitcoin that people were familiar with back then. When Ethereum came, it started as a smart contract (yes, here in my country) and within a few months the price has moved from 100+$ to close to 1000$.

The popularity if Ethereum came as a result of the fact that it was only Bitcoin that people were familiar with back then. When Ethereum came, it started as a smart contract (yes, here in my country) and within a few months the price has moved from 100+$ to close to 1000$.

true but I believe that ethereum would have been higher in price if it were to be the first cryptocurrency because it has a lot of use cases, take for example most new tokens are built on the ethereum blockchain.

In the first instance. Etherium has always been popular . The only coin that has been competing with etherium is ripple not until recent that ripple face law suit that was filed against them. Etherium will always be second or third best

First of all ethereum is a legit platform where you make money and it became popular in two thousands and nineteen when a smart contract came in and people from all over the world started trooping in to ethereum just like last year it was recorded the highest profitable business.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back