What's new

What is your insight about countries blocking social media apps or websites?

Castelione

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 17, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have met someone online and became friends with this guy. We talk a lot of random stuff and there are times I send him links of funny tiktok videos or some website links yet he mostly tells me the site or app is banned in his country. It was understandable because government can ofcourse ban something they don’t think will do any good to their citizens but I am curious of your thoughts about it. Any insights?

There are various reasons why certain social media apps may be banned in certain countries. The first and foremost is for political reasons. Social media apps can be used to spread political propaganda or to organize political movements. Governments may ban certain social media apps to control the spread of information or to prevent opposition groups from organizing. Governments may ban certain social media apps that they perceive as a threat to national security. For example, if a social media app is encrypted and cannot be monitored by the government, it may be banned. Some countries ban social media apps that they believe promote values that are not in line with their cultural or moral values.

There are various reasons why certain social media apps may be banned in certain countries. The first and foremost is for political reasons. Social media apps can be used to spread political propaganda or to organize political movements. Governments may ban certain social media apps to control the spread of information or to prevent opposition groups from organizing. Governments may ban certain social media apps that they perceive as a threat to national security. For example, if a social media app is encrypted and cannot be monitored by the government, it may be banned. Some countries ban social media apps that they believe promote values that are not in line with their cultural or moral values.
Personally, I think it’s more of a political reason. But can’t blame them, our everyday lives are really influenced by politics.

The countries which give their citizens the right to freedom of expression are very liberal and do not resort to such arm twisting and muffling tactics.

India, China and USA have all banned social media applications and websites they wouldn't have control over. Even with everything we have been through, it's surprising that some government still want to suppress public opinion. The last one which I don't understand was how USA banned TikTok.

In my home country, it is forbidden to use tiktok in workplace and places of worship. I know a lot of countries have banned Tiktoks. I have nothing against these rules because sometimes I see people over doing it.

It's a shame that some government will be too petty when it comes to banning certain social media platforms in their countries. There's always room for compromise but they will never be interested in doing it. In the end, it's the citizens that suffer from being cut out from not using them.

It's a shame that some government will be too petty when it comes to banning certain social media platforms in their countries. There's always room for compromise but they will never be interested in doing it. In the end, it's the citizens that suffer from being cut out from not using them.
I understand where you're coming from. It's true though, I'm thinking, why can't they let the citizens decide for themselves whether they should use social media platforms or not. But at the same time, I know they have also consider a lot of things before they decide to ban these social media platforms.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back