What's new

What is the difference between a webmaster and a web developer?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
We often hear the terms such as "webmaster" and "web developer". But many people use these terms interchangeably. However, both of them are quite different terms. A web developer is a person who creates and designs a website. So, what are the duties of a webmaster?

A webmaster is the person who owns the website and oversees the day to day operations of the site. They frequently serve as the biggest contributor or editor for a blog or the chief admin of the forum. Their role is more of a writer/editor or moderator/promoter then anything having to do with code.

A web developer is a person who codes up a website - knows how to code a website and uses that knowledge to make the programming of a site. A web designer is the designer and creator of the site.

Webmasters are into community building. They create a website and manage members who registered on their website. Engage in content creation and discussions to grow the community.

A web developer on the other hand is mainly into coding a website. His strength lies in programming. He doesn't engage in building a community like a webmaster do.

A web developer is the professional programmer who codes and build a website for a webmaster. A webmaster can have the skill of a web developer who owns a forum he's coded on his own. A web developer may or may not be a webmaster.

A web developer is the professional programmer who codes and build a website for a webmaster. A webmaster can have the skill of a web developer who owns a forum he's coded on his own. A web developer may or may not be a webmaster.

I completely agree with your assessment on this because a web developer is very much capable of being a webmaster. I know a couple of guys who coded their own website from the scratch and built a massive community with it. Some of them create and built the community for selling purpose and keep repeating the process.

Webmaster is a generic term used for website owners and website managers. These guys might be a developer or just a common individual without any programming skills. Website developers, on the other hand are people who can build websites by writing codes.

Webmaster is a generic term used for website owners and website managers. These guys might be a developer or just a common individual without any programming skills. Website developers, on the other hand are people who can build websites by writing codes.

Coding is a sweet job. If I can acquire the programming skills, I wouldn't stop coding. I will venture deep into sophisticated coding, maybe hacking coding too. Black hat coding is very intriguing for me. I may not be interested in using it for forum's website building.

I have been thinking about being in a situation where you're giving the opportunity to choose learning how to become a webmaster or a web developer, which one are you going to choose? For me personally, it's an easy choice to make. It's going to be a web developer for me.

We often hear the terms such as "webmaster" and "web developer". But many people use these terms interchangeably. However, both of them are quite different terms. A web developer is a person who creates and designs a website. So, what are the duties of a webmaster?
A webmaster could add web developer as webmaster means it needs administrative access to fix the bug not as a regular user to fix the bug means it could be moderator but with privilege to access administration panel to do bug fixing.

I have been thinking about being in a situation where you're giving the opportunity to choose learning how to become a webmaster or a web developer, which one are you going to choose? For me personally, it's an easy choice to make. It's going to be a web developer for me.
The role of a web developer and webmaster is interchangeable. A web developer can be a webmaster and a webmaster can also be a web developer. When you are a web developer, you will have to wait for some to hire you, however, when you are a webmaster, you can run your own site and make money.

Just picture the difference between founder and CEO. Being a founder must not necessarily mean you must be the CEO. Most founders need an individual that has more CEO experience to run the day to day management what they founded.

Same is web developers, they design and create the site. But management in terms of user engagement and experience, site promotion and update of content is up to the webmasters.

Just picture the difference between a founder and CEO. Being a founder must not necessarily mean you must be the CEO. Most founders need an individual that has more CEO experience to run the day-to-day management what they founded.
The work of the company must be divided especially if it is a big company this is why most of them hire a CEO to reduce the charge of tasks daily that they are facing.

A webmaster and we developer could be the same person. They could code it and also run it. But there are some people who don't know how to design a site, so the webmaster will have to hire someone to take on the developer duties. Some people can do both though.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back