What's new

How do you squash beef between moderators?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Your forum will probably see some issues over the years, but have you ever had to squash beef between your own moderators? Like, has your moderator group ever gotten into it, getting into spats and arguments, maybe acting up on the forums and more. Have you ever had to talk to moderators and let them know to cut that out? Have you ever had to let a moderator go because they were acting up too much towards another moderator?

I never have had more than one moderator on my forums, therefore, I do not have any experience managing conflict between the moderators. However, I have seen this happen on the sites where I was also a moderator (in was not involved in the conflict, though). In some extreme case, staff had to resign from the position.

If I am the admin, I am going to have a chat with them to inform them of the rules guiding the forum. If I notice the beef continued, the next thing is to get them sacked from their roles.

I never have had more than one moderator on my forums, therefore, I do not have any experience managing conflict between the moderators. However, I have seen this happen on the sites where I was also a moderator (in was not involved in the conflict, though). In some extreme case, staff had to resign from the position.
I've always had a couple mods on my forums. Especially if you have an active forum, having more mods helps out for sure.
If I am the admin, I am going to have a chat with them to inform them of the rules guiding the forum. If I notice the beef continued, the next thing is to get them sacked from their roles.
That's a good route to take. If they keep acting up, firing them from their positions would be the next step.

I've always had a couple mods on my forums. Especially if you have an active forum, having more mods helps out for sure.

That's a good route to take. If they keep acting up, firing them from their positions would be the next step.

I wouldn't want to entertain a lot of distractions, as the owner, and sending them a sack letter seems the best decision that I am going to take on that.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back