What's new

What is the benefit of Shortnening URL

conaljom

I have seen some websites which previously had long url, but all of a sudden when next I log-in, I observe that the web url has shorten. Why does this happen?

One of the most important benefits of a URL shortener is the ability to track clicks on each link you share. Depending on the service you're using to compress web links, you can see a breakdown of visitors by demographics, such as country or gender.

The method of shortening URLs is incredibly useful and it used repeatedly as well as globally. Uniform Resource Locator (URL) use for the short link of a web page and file transfer. A user can transfer multiple files, applications, and databases through shortening URLs anywhere and any time.

One of the most important benefits of a URL shortener is the ability to track clicks on each link you share. Depending on the service you're using to compress web links, you can see a breakdown of visitors by demographics, such as country or gender.
There are wordpress, joomla, drupal plugin that do the same if you have blog and you want for statistics like CoalaWeb Traffic,Google Analytics for Sumo for Wordpress, Visitor Analytics for Drupal but if it is a referral link some sites doesn't provide statistics and then this is benefit of shortenlinks.

1st benifit is you will get some amount of money when people click it. And an other benifit is some time our url are very long and difficult to copy so if we shortend it will be easy to copy and send also it looks professional.

I have seen some websites which previously had long url, but all of a sudden when next I log-in, I observe that the web url has shorten. Why does this happen?
People shorten their urls for different purposes. One of the main purpose while people shorten their URL is in order to keep track of the number of clicks on a particular link

There are three large benefits to shortening urls:
1. Links will look a lot nicer, and simpler.
2. You will receive stats about your visitors, for example their geographical location or how many links they click.
Lastly, you can get paid! For example, with our service sk-ip.xyz, you get a minimum of $2 per 1000 views.

When you shorten a URL;
you make it user friendly for users to remember
it will be easier to type and make it fast on the search engine

If a website shorten their url, it maybe that they are trying to rephrase the url to standard SEO practices. Having a good shorten url is one of the basic fundamentals in the on-page seo, without the on page SEO it will be hard to rank your blog on search engine.

There are lot of advantages of shortening URLs such as we can easily use and share short URL instead of long URLs which takes too much time to be copied or share from one place to another and they also looks like fake or not trust worthy when links gets too big so shorter URLs helps many ways to get more public on the link.

URL shortener makes your URL easy to copy and looks nicer.

People also get paid for using the URL shortener.

It helps you to see the stats of people clicking on your link too.

Shortening your URL only interesting when you are doing an official business because sometimes you need to drop a business Link and maybe this link is so long and huge that make the whole writing so un tidy, you can simply shorten your link to make your writing or any other form of presentation to be nicer for business presentation or promoting goods or services online..it only makes your writing nice and neat that's all.

One of the benefits of shortening an URL of your site, in order for visitors to freely type your website address without experiencing difficulty. You can shorten it to simple and understandable words. Shorten your site URL to get more clicks as people visit your shortened website URL. That will bring more revenue income to your site also.

Some sites pay for shortnening Url when it is clicked on. That way, on every click, you make money. You can also decide to shorten to enable more people click. A long link will always look too discouraging for anyone to click on it.

there are 2 possible reasons of url shortening, you either shorten your URL's in order to make money from that, or you do it to reduce the size of long URL's in order to make them look shorter, and you don't earn from the last thing for sure as users will have access directly to the link without any ads or anything like that in normal url shortners where you can make money

For me this are the main purpose of shorteners.

1. Shorten your links
2. Sometimes a shortener has an option that can monitor who, or where or how many users are clicking your links.
3. Other site, pages, social media sometimes block suspicious links, some shorteners can bypass them
4. For extra income if you are using paid shorteners

There are many benefits accruing to shortened URL. For one it helps people to remember your link since it is shortened. There's also the option of styling your links according to what they hope to provide for the audience. Some link shortening site also come with the added benefits of allowing you get an estimate of the number of clicks the link got.

A major benefit of shortening website URL is for easy memorization and understanding. A long URL sites is not easy to memories and by this people will have to be writing in a place before typing it on the web.

I know two uses of link shorteners.

The first is to shorten links you want to use in adverts or articles that you feel are too long, or whose contents you want to keep hidden from the target audience.

The second is to track how many people click on the link. I have seen this with bit.ly and it's a good tracking tool.

Oh gee, thank you for the information. I didn't know that shortened URL have that benefit of knowing some details on the traffic that your website gets. I have been wondering about it and why many are now using that shortened URL. So maybe I can use the URL shortener on my blogs so that I can check how much traffic I am getting and from where. That is the beauty of the forum, we learn things just by going through the posts on the boards. Thanks again.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back