What's new

What is the basic difference between investing and trading?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
There are so many people out there who invest money in businesses. On the other hand, there are so many people who trade in many online markets. So investing and trading are considered two different thing. So what is the main difference between the two?

The one big thing I can think of that makes investing and trading different is that one takes more time than the other. For example, investing in something like a business takes a lot longer to see results but with something like trading, you can see results quicker than you would investing in a business. Both take risks but the time frame to see results is different.

Investment is a form of business,like wise trading.in an investment,it could be in form of putting your money into a venture to yield profit,while in tarding you are exchanging a product or services for money.

Investment is a form of business,like wise trading.in an investment,it could be in form of putting your money into a venture to yield profit,while in tarding you are exchanging a product or services for money.
Investment is very good and trading likewise but for me I like investing to be sincere,trading required alot of experience but with investment you can just put your money into something and start making money so I think investment is the best

Investing and trading are two different approaches to managing money.
Investing is a long-term strategy where an individual invests money in a financial asset or product with the expectation of earning returns over a longer period of time, usually several years or more. The focus is on growing wealth and achieving financial stability.
Trading, on the other hand, is a shorter-term strategy where an individual buys and sells financial assets or products within a shorter time frame, such as a few days, weeks or months, with the goal of generating quick profits. Trading is more focused on short-term price movements and is often associated with higher risk and more frequent buying and selling.
In summary, the main difference between investing and trading is the time horizon and the primary objective of the activity.

Investment is very good and trading likewise but for me I like investing to be sincere,trading required alot of experience but with investment you can just put your money into something and start making money so I think investment is the best
well it all depends on the individuals that is involved,some people are very much comfortable with just putting their money into a venture and then watch how it grows,while others will love to be involved in the whole process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading means you buy and sell. You sell even for a small profit. Let's say you buy assets for $1 when the market opens, and by the time market closes the price becomes $1.05 and you will sell your assets. When you are dealing with a high number of assets, even 5 cents profit will become very big.

There are so many people out there who invest money in businesses. On the other hand, there are so many people who trade in many online markets. So investing and trading are considered two different thing. So what is the main difference between the two?
In my point of view trading is when you put your money in a business for short term while investment is for long term, in an investment you need to do fundamental analysis.

Yes it's true investment is a form of business which you put your money into something for it to produce return of investment,while trading require your skill to calculate and observe some risk ration while taking action to exchange or sell something when you offer something for profit when the market meet your demand for either sell or buy order,for banks we have fixed deposit investment and stock investment both are very profitable

The aforementioned terms investment and trading are different things, as trading includes buying and selling. While investment requires buying of specific commodity and selling it after some years.

Well one of he differences I can tell with investment and trading is,
Investment is a fixed asset which may or can be used under a specific time for the purpose of interest while trading has to do with daily transactions for the purpose of income generation.

While trading involves purchasing and selling assets in a relatively brief amount of time with the goal of generating short term gains, investing often entails holding onto an asset for a long duration of time.

One difference I know about trading and investment is that in trading you carry it out yourself most of the time, but in investment you don't control what happens and how your money is been used.

Never really done any trading myself, I mostly focus on investing and growing. I would like to learn more about trading though, but I will only try it if I research it more.
That means you have not trade before,for me I have trade both forex and crypto before as for investment I do invest my money in an offline business,I also think that investment is more regardful than trading,I know how much I have loss to forex,investment can even be safe while you sleep whereas trading will need your attention always

I think investment as little profit when compared to trading but at the same time there are more risks associated with trading than investment. The one I prefer is investment sense I have little experience in trading.

There is no difference between investment and savings because both are used interchangeably and it is one of the ways that create we can make money in an enterprise.

I think one of the differences between trading and investment, is that investment has to do with a long terms perspectives for profit while trading has to do with daily transactions for Income generation.

I think one of the differences between trading and investment, is that investment has to do with a long terms perspectives for profit while trading has to do with daily transactions for Income generation.
I don't believe in your assertion because the two words are used interchangeably because if you trade, then you are also investing your money in certain Enterprise which is a very clear..

Well the t9w terms can be defined depending on individuals opinions. Personally I think investment has to do with holding a particular asset for some period of time before sell while trading has to do with daily activities of exchange of goods and services.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back