What Do You Think About Controversy?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you allow controversy in your forums? What do you think about controversy in your forums? Well, I believe controversy can be good for a forum. When you allow controversial topics and discussions in your forum, there will be a lot of traffic and engagement. Well, if the discussion goes out of hand, you can always come forward to solve the case.

Controversy in what way? I think it's fine to discuss controversy on your forums, but if it's to do with your forum, I don't know if i'd want any controversy around my forums. I think it's fine to discuss controversies from all over the world, but when it gets personal between the users and it turns bad, I don't want to see that.

Depending on your niche, controversy can be created in many ways. Let's say your forum is general discussion forum, you can start a discussion about head scarf. This topic can create a lot of controversy,and if you have moderators to fact check and solve conflicts, you can get a lot of engagements.

You should be careful because you can be sued. For instance, people made false accusations about Liberace, the piano player. He used them for big money back in the 1950s. Anyway, of course, controversy was good for the business of the magazines, but not too much, if it piles lawsuits.

You can get sued only when you are making false allegations. However, if you discuss on something that has already been covered in major media, you are safe right. I mean we can talk about the controversy concerning Trump's involvement in Capitol Riot, without being afraid of getting sued, right?

Instead of controversy I will call it debate. There should be well laid out rule that every debate must be held with respect. No insults and disrespect of any sort of allowed. And there are some topics that are best steered clear of.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back