What's new

What are the documents one need to possess after buying a house?

Ralphjoe

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 15, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
This question is very important because I will soon buy a house in the future, I want to know the documents I will need to get from the seller's and how do I verify these documents?

This is very important for me so that I won't get scammed in the process of buying a house that might actually not be for the person I am thinking that it is for.

I remember a neighbour of mine who someone sold his brothers house to him and after sometime the law enforcement came and took it.
You should have the land agreement papers with the signatures of the two parties curly signed and all measurement of the house there.
You should have the registry from the relevant authorities concerned.
You should have up to date your insurance papers also.

Pretty much the same when you are buying an already existing property.You will need a certificate of ownership which in most cases should translate into a title deed I the name of the person wanting to sell the house.You will need to draft a letter of agreement between parties and a witness hen no one can trouble you there after.
You need to verify the documents with the lands department and the local municipal council to aid in authenticating the document as valid.

I think you should hire a lawyer or someone who has enough knowledge into this stuff. They will make sure that all papers are completed and are legit before you buy the house.

When you buy a house you would be given the original certificate of occupancy that the house was built on. This usually comes with the land. Also, you be given document that shows you have bought the house from the owner... This is called the receipt. It should be signed by a witness usually by a lawyer.

When we have decided to buy the house after the owner agreed to our terms, we went to the town hall to check on the authenticity of the ownership. The name of the owner was different so we had to clear it up. The owner is Jessica and she had the house title named to her brother Jose. We had to secure a deed of sale signed by Jose. With a bank mortgage, the bank helped us check the documents. Anyway, after the purchase we have the title that we submitted to the bank. We also have the assessment record which is used to pay the annual realty tax. Those are the documents that we need here.

What are the documents one need to possess after buying a house?​

Here is a list of documents that are required for buying a property:
Sale deed. This is the most important piece of paper required for property purchase. ...
Extracts. ...
Mutation register extract. ...
General power of attorney. ...
Copy of building plan. ...
No-objection certificates (NOC) ...
Allotment letter. ...
Sale agreement.
Thanks
Post automatically merged:

What are the documents one need to possess after buying a house?​

Here is a list of documents that are required for buying a property:
Sale deed. This is the most important piece of paper required for property purchase. ...
Extracts. ...
Mutation register extract. ...
General power of attorney. ...
Copy of building plan. ...
No-objection certificates (NOC) ...
Allotment letter. ...
Sale agreement.
Thanks

You need to own house ownership documents directly from the court law. The documents shows that the property you seek for documentation is licensed using your credentials. So it will be hard for one to come to claim your property.

When buying a house in my country, the documents you are required to have are:
• Deed of Assignment/ Deed of Transfer is a document transfers legal ownership of the property to the purchaser subject, however, to perfection. This document is very important, the purchaser needs to ask for it when buying a house from someone who previously purchased it from another person.
• Certificate of Occupancy is a document used to certify the legal ownership status of any land.It is the document that indicates that an individual has been granted a statutory right of occupancy by the Governor of the state or a customary right of occupancy by the Local Government Chairman, where the land is situated in a rural area.

Well you need a deed of agreement first and foremost as this would state the kind of agreement that exists between you and the seller. And then you need to see the Certificate of ownership to confirm that the seller is actually the owner of the said property. Most importantly you need money.

This is very simple and easy. The document you need after buying a house is, firstly, you need family receipt of the property. Secondly, you need deed of agreement that will be signed by both party involved. Thirdly, you need survey of the property and COFO

• General Power of Attorney
  • Building plan sanctioned by statutory authority
  • NOC from Electricity Deptt/Pollution Control Board/Water Works/ Air Port Authority
  • Supplementary agreement / Ratification Deed (if any)
  • Allotment Letter from the builder/co-operative society/Housing Board/BDA.
  • Sale Agreement between Builder and 1st Owner
  • Construction Agreement between Builder & 1st Owner
  • Copy of possession letter from the builder
  • Payment receipts paid towards the builder
  • If any loan on the property (Current or past)
  • Sale agreement with the Seller and so much more.

When you buy a house, you need to possess the following documents:
Certificate of Ownership(CofO)
A signed agreement between the buyer and seller
Receipt of payment

When buying a land the seller needs to present title or deed of ownership to prove that he is the owner of the land.
This document will be handed to the buyer and an agreement will signed in the presence of a lawyer to finalize the deal.

Other documents that are required after buying a house are:
•Approved Survey Plan which is a document that shows the approved survey plan, because it clearly marks and defines legal boundaries, helps reveal the true ownership status of a property, and also reveals if the land is under any government acquisition or committed area. This document will become even more important where the house is bought along with surrounding land.
•power of attorney which is a document usually under seal whereby a person (donor) authorizes another person (donee) to do on his behave anything that the donor can do lawfully. Since this is an instrument of delegation, it is usually required where a person is acting for another person.

Perhaps the laws change in some way between countries. In my country, the seller is asked for documentation to be solvent in electricity, water, telephone, internet services, among others. Document issued by the cadastre showing the exact address of the property where it appears as the sole owner. These documents are verified in the competent entities of main services and housing. With the above verified, the business is carried out before the notary or headquarters of the area.

There are various important documents to ask when buying a house in Nigeria. Some of these documents are used to verify the title of the seller of the property. In this article, we explain some relevant documents to demand when buying a land or landed property in Nigeria.

The number one document is called (c of o) it means certificate of ownership that is the most important documents you need to posses after buying the property, there are other documents too that the owner of The property that you are buying should give you, you ask him.

Certificate of occupancy is one of the vital documents you need to process whenever you want to buy a real estate property. This property shows that the you are the rightful owner of the property built on the land. The next government is Estate planning presentation and the receipt for cash payment.

There are so many documents to prepare especially when engaging with that stuffs. You must ready the necessary documents that requires the legitimacy.

Newest Directory Listings

AjayJunkies
Forums
Clicks
Views
Admin-Junkies.com is a free Admin, SEO, & Webmaster Community!
Here are some video (guidelines) on how to make money online without investing a dime
Back