What's new

What are some great ways to monetise your forum?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
Monetising your forum is one of the best ways to generate enough revenue. It helps the forum owners to pay their members. This also helps forum owners to make money as well. So, how do you monetise your forum?

There are so many ways that you can monetize your forum which depends on the stage that your community is that will determine the kind of means that you can be able to make money from it. A lot of people monetize their community through Google adsense and some people sell ads space on their platform.

Apart from generating revenue from advertisements placed in your forum some other ways to monetize your forum are sponsoring other sites, affiliate marketing, using paid subscriptions to upgrade user accounts like here at Bizdustry, adding a shop to your forum, and selling merchandise related to forum's niche.

Apart from generating revenue from advertisements placed in your forum some other ways to monetize your forum are sponsoring other sites, affiliate marketing, using paid subscriptions to upgrade user accounts like here at Bizdustry, adding a shop to your forum, and selling merchandise related to forum's niche.
This pretty much sums up the basics. It is hard to tell the best routes without knowing the niche and the community itself.

Just remember that only a small percentage of members interact with paid features. So locking content behind paywalls is likely to discourage discussion. Overly advertising is likely to result in less usage and ad blockers. Etc. Etc. Balance is always key as most monetization plans will work against you once you cross a community-defined line.

I have monetized my forums with Adsense. My forums have few members and small traffic. Therefore, I have not been able to monetize with subscriptions and sponsorships. I have been thinking to monetizew through premium content but I have not tried this with my forums yet because of small traffic and small user base.

I have monetized my forums with Adsense. My forums have few members and small traffic. Therefore, I have not been able to monetize with subscriptions and sponsorships. I have been thinking to monetizew through premium content but I have not tried this with my forums yet because of small traffic and small user base.
Premium content subscription is per account region means sometimes it is allowed for some countries while it is not allowed for others either Adsense or Youtube channel monetization.

This pretty much sums up the basics. It is hard to tell the best routes without knowing the niche and the community itself.

Just remember that only a small percentage of members interact with paid features. So locking content behind paywalls is likely to discourage discussion. Overly advertising is likely to result in less usage and ad blockers. Etc. Etc. Balance is always key as most monetization plans will work against you once you cross a community-defined line.
This is true. In reality, most people hate too much bombardment of ads. It's why they use ads blockers. Some of forum members will say it openly on the board to make a point. If the way a forum owner is looking at monetizing his forum isn't balanced, it will work against him.

If you are looking for a way to make money from your forum, a popular option is to run advertisements. You can sell ad space to businesses that want to reach your forum's audience. But before you can pull this off successfully you need to grow the number of active users on your forum to a considerable degree.

you can explore various avenues. First, consider display ads—these are like online billboards that businesses pay to showcase on your forum. Another option is affiliate marketing, where you earn a commission for promoting products or services. Memberships or premium content can be a hit, offering exclusive perks to subscribers.

There are so many ways that you can monetize your forum which depends on the stage that your community is that will determine the kind of means that you can be able to make money from it. A lot of people monetize their community through Google adsense and some people sell ads space on their platform.

Google Adsense is the popular one that we have at the moment. It is important to get the clicks from some first tier countries when you are looking to have a better chance of earning more from adsense.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back