What's new

Web development vs programming?

Which one is harder in your opinion?
In my opinion Web development is harder.

That is because you (mostly) need to be able to do computer programming to do web development and you have additional requirements like knowing how your environment works. how database works, how to deal with security and how to design user experience. Not to mention good aesthetics.

Now if you ask if web development or game development is easier, than web development is easier.

Basically computer programming is used everywhere in IT in one form or another. What makes it harder or easier are all additional dependencies you need to deal with. Like mathematics and algorithmic with game programming.

At the same time even if web development has quite well defined goal, it is still very broad subject. There can be very difficult web development (like Photoshop inside a browser) which will be much harder than most of standard stuff you will ever do. And there can be way easier like static sites which are elementary school projects in this days.
The two have their fair share of challenges. I don't consider any of them to be superior to the other. Because, web development is 90% programming. Only that it is web programming as opposed to mainstream programming. The amount of effort you will use to master programming is closely similar to the amount of effort you will use to perfect your web development skills.

I'm bit confused with your question as both are interconnected like .JS is language which is also called programming language too so I really appreciate if you can clear your question would be good.

I'm bit confused with your question as both are interconnected like .JS is language which is also called programming language too so I really appreciate if you can clear your question would be good.
There are a lot of places now that you can use to develop a website for free without needing to know how to program and therefore i think that this is the difference that exists now.

Yes I seen them but I still can't understand original question as he is linking both but doesn't have topic so that's why I question about topic which he wants to ask for us.

My view is that web designing is very challenging compared to web programming. Because the designer is like an artist who builds the site from ground up and makes it appealing to the end-user. If the site doesn't look appealing to the users no matter how good the programmer has worked. The site would fail miserably. The developer must establish the website as unique, attractive, and friendly to the end-users to create a successful website.

My view is that web designing is very challenging compared to web programming. Because the designer is like an artist who builds the site from ground up and makes it appealing to the end-user. If the site doesn't look appealing to the users no matter how good the programmer has worked. The site would fail miserably. The developer must establish the website as unique, attractive, and friendly to the end-users to create a successful website.
Design and development are integral and important components that need to be considered and i think that the design is what gets you to take interest in the site and its code is what keeps you there.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back