What's new

Very basic question on selling knives

margamer

Jun 28, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I am new to knife making and I have only been at it for about a year. I think I am ready to start selling my knives. I am only trying to make back material costs. I posted a few of my pieces here on knife does. My problem is where do I sell them and how? I have given a few to family and friends as gifts and one in this summer's KITH. I thought that getting knives out there for free is the best way to let people know I am doing this. Free knives have worked out fine. I haven't been turned down yet for a freebie. Now I need to start making a few bucks to at least break even. I just don't know how to sell them. At this point, Knife shows are out of the question since I have never heard of one in my area (Fresno ca) and I don't have the extra time and money to spend getting to a show in a different state. I thought about posting knives for sale on this forum but why would someone buy something that they make? I should also say that I don't hunt (I have never even shot a gun!) or do much of anything that would actually require a knife but I love making them. If anyone has an idea of how to get my knives into good hands please let me know. Just to extinguish possible posts I have a Facebook page that has a few people that like my knives but no potential buyers. thanks, guys for any help.

First and foremost, you need to know your product appropriately. In the case of knives, you need to answer this basic question what kind of knives you are selling, are you selling kitchen knives, or utility knives like you use for cutting wood, etc. Once you know your product, you can easily identify your customers. When you know your customers, you will know what method to use and how to reach the customers.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back