What's new

Very basic question on selling knives

margamer

Jun 28, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I am new to knife making and I have only been at it for about a year. I think I am ready to start selling my knives. I am only trying to make back material costs. I posted a few of my pieces here on knife does. My problem is where do I sell them and how? I have given a few to family and friends as gifts and one in this summer's KITH. I thought that getting knives out there for free is the best way to let people know I am doing this. Free knives have worked out fine. I haven't been turned down yet for a freebie. Now I need to start making a few bucks to at least break even. I just don't know how to sell them. At this point, Knife shows are out of the question since I have never heard of one in my area (Fresno ca) and I don't have the extra time and money to spend getting to a show in a different state. I thought about posting knives for sale on this forum but why would someone buy something that they make? I should also say that I don't hunt (I have never even shot a gun!) or do much of anything that would actually require a knife but I love making them. If anyone has an idea of how to get my knives into good hands please let me know. Just to extinguish possible posts I have a Facebook page that has a few people that like my knives but no potential buyers. thanks, guys for any help.

I would try Etsy for a start, especially if your knives are artistic and fancy looking.

You can also auction them on eBay or sell them on Amazon. I would also look for specialty knife retailers in your area and online - for example, Kult of Athena sells swords and daggers, if your knives are more that direction. Long-term, maybe try to get into kitchen retailers or a job with a company that makes knives for retail. The possibilities are endless.

Well, most of the shopkeepers in here sell kitchen equipment and utensils. They tend to sell a large collection of utensils and knives are a part of that. I have never seen someone specifically selling knives in here. You can market your business and promote such kind of products to restaurants. There are a few knives manufacturers who tend to manufacture knives and this is a bit different story.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back